• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

cookinwithgas

WTF have we become

Just the awesome Republican Party showing how awesome they are at governing. It’s all just really great.

i never really understood this logic. If you break the law, you face the consequences. So what, we're not supposed to enforce laws that are put in place by congress b/c it may not be the right thing to do from an emotional and human level? 

that's like me committing murder and pleading to the judge to not put me in prison for life b/c I just had a baby boy and it would be absolutely devastating to that child to grow up without a father. 

what the hell is the point of laws then? 

EDIT: sorry the video wasn't clear enough, but apparently kids are being separated form their parents at the border for illegally crossing, and kids are taken away and determined unaccompanied. Partly due to the fact human sex trafficking is a huge issue at our borders and ICE is trying to determine if these kids are truly the biological kids of these parents.  

Edited by E CaT PanTHer 2
  • Pie 2

16 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

i never really understood this logic. If you break the law, you face the consequences. 

that's like me committing murder

No, crossing the border illegally is not like committing murder you halfwit. Lay off the coke.

• Pie 3

The Trump administration recently started implementing a policy of prosecuting all adults caught illegally crossing the US-Mexico border. Once the adults are referred to the criminal justice system, any children with them are taken into government custody, essentially becoming "unaccompanied minors."

Republicans are blaming a longstanding court ruling and subsequent court settlement that governs how children can be treated in detention. The settlement means that children can't be detained longer than a few days to a few weeks, depending on certain factors. Previously, the administration would thus release families together under monitoring. The Trump administration is opting in certain cases to release only the children.

Democrats have been raising noise about the separations for weeks, and Republicans have started to work on legislation. They are expected to introduce a compromise immigration bill next week that will in part address the separations, though it's unclear exactly what that would look like. An outline obtained by CNN suggests the solution will involve changing or reversing the court settlement at issue.

lets see, illegally crossing the border with your child (committing a crime) and then crying when the parents are detained to serve their sentence and the children are forced back into Mexico to await their parents release? 

sounds like the liberal way to raise a kid, right? commit a crime and then cry for forgiveness b/c you didn't understand the law fully and that it's inhumane to separate a parent from their kid. 

also, I'm sure these kids aren't just thrown back across the border. I'm sure the Mexican government has some programs or shelters in place for these kids to stay until their parents are released.

also, it said "in certain cases," not "all" cases, meaning that the majority of illegal border jumpers are released together under strict monitoring, as the article points out. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

i never really understood this logic. If you break the law, you face the consequences. So what, we're not supposed to enforce laws that are put in place by congress b/c it may not be the right thing to do from an emotional and human level? 

that's like me committing murder and pleading to the judge to not put me in prison for life b/c I just had a baby boy and it would be absolutely devastating to that child to grow up without a father. 

what the hell is the point of laws then? 

EDIT: sorry the video wasn't clear enough, but apparently kids are being separated form their parents at the border for illegally crossing, and kids are taken away and determined unaccompanied. Partly due to the fact human sex trafficking is a huge issue at our borders and ICE is trying to determine if these kids are truly the biological kids of these parents.  

1,500 of these children have gone missing out of ICE custody. just vanished without a trace after being stolen from their parents. they aren't protecting them from trafficking, they are engaging in trafficking. if they weren't, they wouldn't have called the police on the senator who tried to view the camps.

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

1,500 of these children have gone missing out of ICE custody. just vanished without a trace after being stolen from their parents. they aren't protecting them from trafficking, they are engaging in trafficking. if they weren't, they wouldn't have called the police on the senator who tried to view the camps.

so, what you're saying the US government is taking these kids and selling them as sex workers? 

similar to that article I posted about that huge pedo ring found at the Arizona/Mexico border? 

5 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

so, what you're saying the US government is taking these kids and selling them as sex workers? 

similar to that article I posted about that huge pedo ring found at the Arizona/Mexico border? 

where else do you think 1,500 children just vanished to? take a child from a parent, lock the child away, then "oh sorry we lost the child, they vanished, we can't account for them." yeah fuging right. even the ones outside of that which they didn't lose and intentionally placed into the foster system might as well be sold into sex trafficking considering the astronomical rate of molestation in our foster system.

Edited by rodeo

6 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

and by the way these are not all illegal immigrants. many of these are 100% legal asylum seekers.

• Pie 2

Just now, rodeo said:

where else do you think 1,500 children just vanished to? even the ones outside of that which they didn't lose and intentionally placed into the foster system might as well be sold into sex trafficking considering the astronomical rate of molestation in our foster system.

lol here, from CNN so you don't go all ape poo for posting a "biased" news source. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/us/immigration-refugee-child-missing-hhs-obama-photo-trnd/index.html

(CNN)In the past few days there's been a flurry of emotion, and misinformation, regarding child immigrants in the United States.

Recent reports claim the US Department of Health and Human Services has lost track of nearly 1,500 immigrant children. There's confusion about whether they were separated from their families at the border. And controversy is swirling around a mysterious photo of two immigrant children behind a chain-link fence.

Here is what it all actually means

No, the 1,500 children weren't necessarily taken from their families at the border

In early May, the Trump administration announced it would start enacting a "100% prosecution" policy at the border, which would refer anyone crossing the border illegally for federal prosecution. This policy functionally separates children from their families, because children cannot accompany adults who are taken into federal custody.

Because of the attention surrounding this new policy, people revisited a claim made by Steven Wagner, a top official with the Department of Health and Human Services, during a hearing in April. During that hearing, Wagner said the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) was "unable to determine with certainty the whereabouts of 1,475 UAC (unaccompanied alien children)."

Some people began to conflate Wagner's comment and the new policy, forming the idea that these children were forcibly separated from their families at the border and then lost. In fact, ORR officials couldn't locate the children between October and December of 2017 -- way before this new policy took effect.

In fact, unaccompanied child immigrants don't come over the border with their families -- hence the designation of "unaccompanied." Some of the 1,500 children could have been separated from the groups with which they entered the country, but it would not have been as a result of the Trump administration's new policy. For instance, if a child comes with an adult and it can't be verified that the adult is a parent or legal guardian, the adult and child would be separated