• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ncfan

Dwight Howard Traded!

Holy poo that's bad.

Why not just hang on to the expiring and use the space to try and lock up Kemba after the season.

We got a worse player, a worse contract, and two worthless picks.

Like what the hell is this...

• Pie 1

My interest in this team is about as close to zero as you can get. Last year was the first year I didn’t go to any games and didn’t really miss it. Organization is a joke. 

• Pie 1

Fun fact, Kupchak is the one that gave Mozgov his albatross of a contract to begin with.

I mean geeze dude... Get your poo together.

• Pie 1

Without getting into the financial implications of the deal, to be fair - Howard has a solid season last year and look what it got us. 

• Pie 1

Yeah, that's terrible.  I was expecting a 1st or someone of value...instead, Kupchek's Mosgov contract comes to Charlotte now. 

Also, ALL GIANT WHITE GUYS BELONG TO US. 

• Pie 1

Those two second rounders will amount to nothing. A pussy Frenchmen or euro player who doesn’t do anything good and a second tier acc player who rides the bench. Both will be gone 2 years after their drafted. 

• Pie 1

The rebuild is officially on now..

need to trade Kemba now - he deserves so much better..

The deal on face value makes zero sense...  in fact, it's horrible.  It appears we downgraded in talent and took on more money all in one deal...

Then you have to remember it was Dwight.  The same Dwight whose hometown teammates celebrated when they found out he was traded.  The same Dwight who poured all last year when he didn't get his touches and would start purposely trying to sabotage games until he did.  The same Dwight who Batum, Marvin, and many others took subliminal shots at for ruining the locker room and on-court chemistry.  The same Dwight who we acquired for just Miles Plumlee...  then you realize, he's such a bad teammate that we took on a horrible player and extra salary to get rid of him.

I hate the deal.  But, I'm happy Dwight is gone.  It's the only way I can make peace with it...  but man, I really, really hate this deal and it makes me loathe what may be ahead in the Kupchack era.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

The rebuild is officially on now..

need to trade Kemba now - he deserves so much better..

This!

1. We wont be able to afford him now

2. We wont be in position to win or heck even make a playoff game while he's here before he walks.

Get something while you can.

Get that top 10 pick and pray Trae Young falls in our lap if not take Sexton.

3 minutes ago, Carolina-Chuck10 said:

What about MKG, Frank and Zeller?

Id hold onto Zeller, because hes honestly no Worse than Mozgov.  And we will need a center.

If we draft a Wing, you do whatever you can to trade MKG

Frank- isnt costing much, and idk who would be dumb enough to trade for him.  He would have to be apart of a multiplayer deal 

Kemba's all like...does Kawhi and Lebron need help in LA?

J/K...this is a terrible deal.  There must be something on the back-end of this that makes sense...but I'm not seeing it. 

This trade is a financial one 100%. Yes, we take on the extra year of Mozgov, but with Dwight gone, we are now $13M away from the Tax line which does have value. I think we were like $6M away before. The added second round picks will likely not add up to much, but the one this year allows us to either have an extra trade chip tomorrow or add a cheap player to the roster on a non guranteed salary and the future one could be used as a trade piece down the road. 

At face value, like someone mentioned earlier, the Hornets got the worse end of the deal. Dwight is the best player in the deal so typically that favors the team (Brooklyn) that he's going to. 

BUT let's not act like Dwight fit this team. Sure he put up great stats, but his usage killed the team offensively and he played heavy minutes including crunch time. He's not valuable enough to do that anymore. Dwight off the team allows for Cody to start again and gives Hernangomez more minutes. Both are better players for us. 

Mozgov will get paid a lot of $ to ride the bench the next season plus which sucks. But at least we are below the tax line. 

Edited by AppHeel