• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Charles Johnson planning to retire

If so I’m not surprised. Has lost 5 and a half steps.

Thanks Big Money, you’ll be missed.

• Beer 1

Very good DE for us. Very, very few players in this league play their entire career for one team. CJ just might be one.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

I remember watching him during OTAs as a rookie and second year player--then, there was no tarp and the DL practiced in a corner away from the street side of the field.  You could see and hear the coaches and players interacting. CJ was a goofball---he was always getting yelled at by the coach.  One day,  CJ was not getting something right, but the coach kept yelling at him.  CJ just stood on the side of the drill, hands on hip, watching the other players do the drill.  It did not seem to bother him.  He had done nothing in the league at that point, and he was struggling through basic drills.  I thought, "There goes a bust if I have ever seen one..."  Not much of a story, but he did come a long way from a third round pick to what he was in his prime.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Never was the same after that illegal block in the New England game a couple years ago.

yet another reason to hate the Pats

• Pie 3

Judging by a lot of his posts on social media, it looks like CJ is pretty well set up for a life after football.  Hands in a couple hotels, restaurants, etc in Charlotte iirc.  Good for him.

Edited by Skack25
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If this is it, then it was a good ride. Thanks for all you’ve done on and of the field, CJ.

I guess I’ll do this one last time, since there will be no more sacks:

Big Money Heavyweight!