• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Would you rather see what our offense is going to look like in preseason? or

Would you rather see a vanilla offense and keep the good stuff for our regular season?

I personally could care less if we win a game in preseason and keep what we plan to do during the regular season under wraps.

I realize you have to work on some of the plays but showing off too much gives teams that we play early extra footage to game plan off of.

I am a lot more comfortable letting our coordinator make that decision . . . now that we have an actual experienced coordinator.

• Pie 1

You'll see the base offense all of preseason as far as scheme. You won't see any of the twists that Norv has up his sleeve. I'm ok with that.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You'll see the base offense all of preseason as far as scheme. You won't see any of the twists that Norv has up his sleeve. I'm ok with that.

I think this is the best bet.  While teams will have all they need by our bye week.  The less information they have is only an advantage to us. 

We might win with our base offense because other teams may be doing the same thing. Winning those games aren't as important as coming out of preseason healthy and ready to go for game 1. 

• Pie 1

I just pray for no injuries 

the Panthers are painfully thin at certain key  spots 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This, and...

7 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

This.

10 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

As with all Hurney teams 

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Would you rather see what our offense is going to look like in preseason? or

Would you rather see a vanilla offense and keep the good stuff for our regular season?

I personally could care less if we win a game in preseason and keep what we plan to do during the regular season under wraps.

I realize you have to work on some of the plays but showing off too much gives teams that we play early extra footage to game plan off of.

As much as I'd like to hold it under wraps til the regular season, we need to run it against live competition, granted they'll run vanilla defense, but it gives us an idea of how teams will line up and attack our packages 

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

For sure. Really hope all of our draft picks come out healthy especially.

I would be shocked if we showed much more than the basic stuff. Winning isn’t really important in the pre-season but I’ll be worried if we struggle scoring points

I’d like them to show a little because they’ll need to work on somethings in game situations under a new OC.

Opening up against Dallas doesn’t give us the luxury of sleep walking through the first game like we do almost every year.

We were lucky in 15 (Jax) and 17 (SF) to draw the opponents we did or those games could’ve very easily been different outcomes 

play cam 1 or 2 series early games.

Gel Early, learn the new Offensive

Week 1 Beat Dallas 

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Snake said:

As with all Hurney teams 

As with almost all NFL teams in the salary cap era.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

Yeah, thanks to the Panthers running a vanilla offense during previous preseasons, our regular season opponents were often fooled by Shula's clever twists. 

This was especially true on first downs. :eyeroll:

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth