• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

charlotte to host 2020 RNC

it's gonna be interesting

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/rnc-2020/article214845965.html

The Republican National Committee’s site selection committee backed Charlotte on Wednesday as the location for its 2020 national convention, according to two Republican officials familiar with the process.

That means Charlotte will likely be the city where President Donald Trump is nominated for a second term. He would accept the nomination in Spectrum Center, where his Democratic predecessor, President Barack Obama, launched his own bid for another term in 2012. 

Charlotte did a fine job hosting the dems in 2012.

NC is a critical swing state that could be crucial for victory in 2020.

It would difficult, if not foolish, for Charlotte to turn down the influx of cash and free national/global attention.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

It would difficult, if not foolish, for Charlotte to turn down the influx of cash and free national/global attention.

If it was any other year or politician, you would do it in a heart beat.   There is a reason only like 2-3 cities even wanted to TOUCH this thing.     It's going to be a mess.

I'm either working at home that week or taking vacation lol.

6 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

the amount of money it will cost the state after i smash all the windows will more than cover what they make

7 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

If it was any other year or politician, you would do it in a heart beat.   There is a reason only like 2-3 cities even wanted to TOUCH this thing.     It's going to be a mess.

While I can agree that it makes sense to agree to host the RNC in 2020, especially after doing the DNC in 2012.  I appreciate the idea of "we're going to show how we can be non-partisan in this time of toxic partisanship."  

But I really agree with you @Zaximus.  Charlotte is a very easy city to travel too, and the protests/counter protests are going to be fierce!  It's going to make me sick to see white supremacists openly marching uptown.  I won't at all be upset if someone disrupts them, but the consequences for the city COULD be pretty severe.

Thankfully I don't have to go near uptown for any reason.

Just now, d-dave said:

Thankfully I don't have to go near uptown for any reason.

some might argue that if you're "sickened" by the thought of white supremacists marching then you have a responsibility to be there

• Pie 1

I doubt there are many voters who will change their political views based on the GOP National Convention.

Are there still any "Undecideds" out there when it comes to Donald Trump for POTUS?

Seriously doubt it.

Take the money Charlotte. 

23 minutes ago, rodeo said:

the amount of money it will cost the state after i smash all the windows will more than cover what they make

Great plan if you make your living replacing broken windows.

Otherwise, take all that excess energy and do something productive, organize some counter protests that don't make the left look like children having a temper tantrum. 

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Yeah, the convention is happening one way or another. 

Take the money.

It isn't as if Charlotte can't use the money or the publicity.

8 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Otherwise, take all that excess energy and do something productive, organize some counter protests that don't make the left look like children having a temper tantrum. 

calling righteous anger in the face of white supremacy a "temper tantrum" only serves to communicate how insulated you are from the threat these people pose. you say that "organizing counter protests that don't make the left look like children having a temper tantrum" is "productive." productive for whom? 

and why the obsession with optics? who are you suggesting that the left attempt to appeal to? the kind of people who can't decide between supporting or opposing nazis? if you ask me they've already decided. if masked up anarchists breaking a few windows pushes you into supporting nazis, you were already a nazi.

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

obama had incredible optics and was a major grown up and now we have a stacked right wing court and white nationalists in power

Edited by rodeo
  • Pie 1