• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ARSEN

This just pissed me off today

We were watching a soccer game at the Bank of America stadium and there was a group of white rednecks screaming “defense!” and a ton of other football terms, clearly picking fun at soccer.  A lady from Germany asked one guy if this is how American people are (ignorant) and he told her to deal with it.  Thankfully he was removed after half time...  are people really that ignorant?   

3 minutes ago, Essentia said:

Seriously?  There are over 7 billion people in this world, so of course they will be some ignorant people.  Come on, dude. 

Seems like it’s a redneck thing to me.

Rednecks love two things in my experience, nascar and soccer. Why else would the two sports share a forum on this site for so long?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

17 minutes ago, Jase said:

Rednecks love two things in my experience, nascar and soccer. Why else would the two sports share a forum on this site for so long?

How dare you!  

who played at BoA? i narrowly avoided getting to see City when they went to Nashville last year and was hoping they would come back this year, but their tour is only cities far away from me.

and you get the anti-soccer stuff a lot from nfl fans, like if you post about soccer in the main forum you'll get downvoted. but it's kind of weird coming from someone who paid to go to a game.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, ARSEN said:

We were watching a soccer game at the Bank of America stadium and there was a group of white rednecks screaming “defense!” and a ton of other football terms, clearly picking fun at soccer.  A lady from Germany asked one guy if this is how American people are (ignorant) and he told her to deal with it.  Thankfully he was removed after half time...  are people really that ignorant?   

They are dude.    Probably around 46.4% of Americans to be exact.

This is really stupid though, did the pay to go?    Maybe their company gave out free tickets.    Either or, why waste time?

I love watching the Panthers but soccer has the better athletes so I'm not sure why anyone would try to diminish the sport.     All you have to do is look at actual "game time played" on the field to see which is which.   

• Pie 1

In general, the problem with this society is there's no disincentive to be an asshole.

I'll stop myself going on a long screed about how assholes drive in traffic and trolls behave in anonymity, and how it's all connected. Suffice it to say, in my utopian vision of the world, "GET IN THE HOLE!" at golf tournaments would have been dead 20 years ago, because you wouldn't make it past "IN" before some good Samaritan gave you a right cross in the teeth.

11 hours ago, rodeo said:

who played at BoA? i narrowly avoided getting to see City when they went to Nashville last year and was hoping they would come back this year, but their tour is only cities far away from me.

Liverpool and Dortmund.  It was a good game with almost 56,000 people attending.

43 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I watched the rugby 7's championships this weekend on TV.

Those are some real athletes...

I saw some of that as well.  It was pretty exciting. Those fuggers got it going on.