• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

bLACKpANTHER

Rockets shopping Anderson for wing defenders - would take on long term $$

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybs43xne
Anderson + Onuaku = MKG + Zeller

The Money:
Anderson is $20.4m cap hit this year and $21m next year -and- 
Onuaku is a throw away $1.5m expiring.

MKG is $13m cap hit this year and a player-option for $13m next year that he will surely opt into -and-
Zeller is $13.5m this year, $14.5m next year and $15.5m the year after (oooff)

$26.5m – $21m = $5.5m opened up for cap space next year

Why it makes sense:
Hornets get rid of MKG/Zeller who will struggle to find minutes in Borrego's system because Batum moving to the 3 and Frank possibly moving to the 5 -and- 
Anderson get's the hell outta Houston and instantly makes us a better 3pt shooting team.
Houston gets one of the best wing-defenders in the league and a great pick and roll center for CP3/Harden.

• Pie 4

Not a fan of Anderson but a more likely player to pair with MKG would be Frank since its somewhat likely he is gone after this season anyway. And Zellers, by far, the best C on the roster. No need to dump him for an overpaid role player who isn't even guaranteed to play ahead of Marvin. 

I'd rather not give them Batum - even if it is to rid us of his contract. We would not be better off after making that trade IF we are about winning This Year.

42 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I'd rather not give them Batum - even if it is to rid us of his contract. We would not be better off after making that trade IF we are about winning This Year.

I agree we would be a worse team this season but getting rid of that contract may be worth it, especially if they can do something without giving up anything else. Gives a ton of flexibility after this Season as well. 

I'm all for shipping Batum out but damn...Anderson makes WAY too much money as well.  I'd probably pass on both.

Batum just had his worse year since his last season in Portland - which got him shipped out of town for Hendo/Vonleh.. we should not make the same mistake..

"Never make a important decision when the tide is out" 

• Pie 1

anderson is completely unplayable these days, the only way i would do this if they will take Batum. 

Wouldn't this allow us a better chance at keeping Kemba though if we free up that money when Anderson expires?   

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Wouldn't this allow us a better chance at keeping Kemba though if we free up that money when Anderson expires?   

yes - only about $5.5m per my OP.. but we would be a crappier team IMO.. Kemba wants to win and make the playoffs every year..

we are so hamstrung with 5 terrible contracts (MKG, Batum, Marvin, Zeller and BIZ).. Biz, Marvin and MKG become expirings next year - so maybe they turn to 'assets' and we could flip them for better contracts/players.. next year's FA class is BONKERS and we are chained down to the floor.. ughhhhhh

6 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

yes - only about $5.5m per my OP.. but we would be a crappier team IMO.. Kemba wants to win and make the playoffs every year..

we are so hamstrung with 5 terrible contracts (MKG, Batum, Marvin, Zeller and BIZ).. Biz, Marvin and MKG become expirings next year - so maybe they turn to 'assets' and we could flip them for better contracts/players.. next year's FA class is BONKERS and we are chained down to the floor.. ughhhhhh

I thought Anderson had one year left, so screw that.    I don't want him for two.    I could handle one.

• Pie 1

I only take on Anderson's god awful contract if we get a pick out of it and they take Batum. Otherwise no way. 

I'm prolly in the minority but I feel like we need to hang onto Batum.. WAH!!!!!!
yeah, i kno.. his contract is horrid but he still has value to our team - and we would never be able to re-coup the value he brings because of the terrible year he had last season.. I think it is an outlier and he will bouce back "bigly" this year..

I'd be more than happy to get rid of MKG, Zeller or Biz's contracts.. Marvin provides a decent 3pt shot and vet leadership..