Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shinner

So.....tell me about Raleigh.

43 posts in this topic

Move to Pinehurst. Join one of the golf courses. And invite me to play for free every weekend.

Yes, move to Pinehurst. You and I could be neighbors. My FIL can build you a house. Or you can buy one of his existing homes. We are about an hour from Raleigh.

ok..so you want to live in BFE....well according to the map...Sanford, NC is too big...so let's go a little smaller...to Robbins, NC...

Robbins is a little bit extreme BFE...Sanford doesn't look too bad (little more than half the size of Cary and loads smaller than Raleigh).

I was joking at first, but Zebulon sounds like what you described. It's got 5,000 people and it's a half hour from Raleigh.

Hmm.....

Move to Pinehurst. Join one of the golf courses. And invite me to play for free every weekend.

I share Al Czervik's opinion of golf...so no chance of free golf from me unless they turn the courses into an open shooting range.

Yes, move to Pinehurst. You and I could be neighbors. My FIL can build you a house. Or you can buy one of his existing homes. We are about an hour from Raleigh.

Sex cookies! :)

Really....I'm way ahead of myself on this, but still it's good info to have. Thanks, all.

Don't live in Raleigh. Nothing to do.

Uwharrie NF isn't too far away....my Jeep would like to go there :)

What about the High Point, W-S, Greensboro area?

If you can live in Greensboro, please do. I was born there and you should be honored to be in a place close to my birthplace.

all cities don't have to have nightlife...

anyway, traffic is a bitch here. i would suggest moving to wake forest, a small town... but everything you need is there and there is practically no traffic, plus its just outside of Raliegh

Based on what you've said so far...

Look along the I-40 corridor between Greensboro and Durham. Lots of more rural/suburban communities and its not a bad commute either east to Raleigh or west to Greensboro/HP or south towards Charlotte. Somewhere around Haw River/Mebane/Hillsboro. We looked at a couple of places in that area with acreage a few years back but just never took the plunge. At the time I was commuting from Greensboro to Durham every day and it was only an hour drive. And traffic is thick but since they finished construction on 40 between RDU and Chapel Hill its no where near as bad.

I agree with Ini. You get the best of all worlds. Small townish feel, between big cities(Ch and Ral). You can zip over to the mountains or back the other way and down 95 to the beach.

Plus living in those areas you will get more highway money than Charlotte and will always be ahead of the curve(no pun intended).

I-40 between the Triad and the Triangle...I've never seen a complete living room set on the side of the road until I drove that stretch daily. Golf clubs, tables, etc. It's like a flea market going 80.