Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shinner

So.....tell me about Raleigh.

43 posts in this topic

I like the isolation....conveniences that are a short drive away are pretty much cool with me :)

Bubba is from LaGrange.

I like the isolation....conveniences that are a short drive away are pretty much cool with me :)

Yup, you can live in the country, and take a 10 min drive away, or live in the burbs and take a 20 minute drive to a store 5 miles away...to each his own.

Right now in my life, im enjoying the city, but im sure that will change.

I lived in Wake Forest just north of Raleigh for a little while and I enjoyed living there. Like you, I'd much rather live in a small town. The only problem I had was that my job at the time was in downtown Raleigh and the daily drive did get annoying.

well the triad area might be ok with you then...If you want the isolation there are many areas in the Triad that would suit you...archdale...mt. airy...climax...if you don't mind total backassward way of living and you could drive 30-45 minutes to the Best Buy :). Me I like a city. I lived in High Point and it was great for the family life...but thank god I got divorced after I moved back to Charlotte.

What about the High Point, W-S, Greensboro area?

Greensboro native and lifelong resident.

Good place with enough city to cover the modern conveniences but lacks the luxuries of a big city. Robust retail, but lacks on arts & entertainment, reasonable restaurants.

But again not the place you describe you want to be. Its a growing city that will likely merge with High Point in the next 5-10 years and double its size. I really think you want to look in Alamance, Orange, Durham, or Chatham counties. More rural that urban and very convient to all of NCs major business centers -Triangle/Triad/Char-Meck.