• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Panthers hope Daryl Williams will return in second half of season

In some cases surgery prolongs the recovery process for he would STILL have to go through the SAME rehab period post surgery. By allowing it to heal naturally he can still start the rehab process on a very limited basis. Remember people our bodies are designed to heal themselves. We have the knowledge now on what not to do after an injury. Without surgery depending on severity of MCL tear/break it can take 1-6 weeks to heal. 

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/conditions/mcl_tear/treatment.html

• Pie 1

I wonder if Ron doesn't think so highly of Moton or he really, really, really just wants a vet out there at any cost - including their long-term health.

Edited by rhyslloyd

17 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

I wonder if Ron doesn't think so highly of Moton or he really, really, really just wants a vet out there at any cost - including their long-term health.

Why would he not think highly of Moton? He’s looked good so far. I thought when Williams got hurt we were all relieved that it wasn’t that bad and it wasn’t season ending. A couple weeks later the thought is now that since it’s not season ending that we are rushing Williams out there at any cost?

Damn, it would be nice if this place made up its mind. If we decided it’s likely not a season ending injury then it seems like there’s a heck of a lot of overreacting in here. 

I hope this works out for Daryl in terms of his long-term health and career 

As far as the team is concerned, I hope Moton plays well and stays healthy and keeps the RT job for this season, and that if we do reactivate Daryl from IR at some point, it would only be as depth.

Edited by KB_fan
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Not at all.

Believe Trent Williams had the same injury prior and tried rushing it. Didn’t turn out so well and clearly didn’t look the same.

ProFootballDoc also advised against it.

I know he played a different position but Charles Tillman had a busted knee too, different type of injury. Different location as far as it was a partially torn ACL and it didn't go well. 

21 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Why would he not think highly of Moton? He’s looked good so far. I thought when Williams got hurt we were all relieved that it wasn’t that bad and it wasn’t season ending. A couple weeks later the thought is now that since it’s not season ending that we are rushing Williams out there at any cost?

Damn, it would be nice if this place made up its mind. If we decided it’s likely not a season ending injury then it seems like there’s a heck of a lot of overreacting in here. 

I said I wonder.  I didn't say whether I thought he did or didn't.  Rushing guys back from injury just seems like a desperate move which could potentially indicate he's not confident in a replacement.  I could be wrong.

34 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

I said I wonder.  I didn't say whether I thought he did or didn't.  Rushing guys back from injury just seems like a desperate move which could potentially indicate he's not confident in a replacement.  I could be wrong.

How did we go from being thankful that Williams can come back this year because his injury isn’t season ending to rushing him back? Not to mention the next leap to is Ron disappointed in Moton? It’s been 12 days since Williams was hurt. Man, this age of instant info really has killed attention span and patience.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

How did we go from being thankful that Williams can come back this year because his injury isn’t season ending to rushing him back? Not to mention the next leap to is Ron disappointed in Moton? It’s been 12 days since Williams was hurt. Man, this age of instant info really has killed attention span and patience.

Ok, guy.  Do your thing.

46 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I hope this works out for Daryl in terms of his long-term health and career 

As far as the team is concerned, I hope Moton plays well and stays healthy and keeps the RT job for this season, and that if we do reactivate Daryl from IR at some point, it would only be as depth.

I hope Moton stars so that we don’t need to pay Williams what he’ll cost, but I also wouldn’t mind Williams coming back healthy enough that he can start, maybe at LG if we haven’t found the solution. Unfortunately, Williams is a RT, he’s not a LT replacement. They tried him there last preseason and he looked terrible. He’s been a RT all through college and here. Maybe the ideal scenario is Moton is able to slide to LT and we can keep Williams long term for cheaper at RT due to only 1 good season and injuries. 

Just now, rhyslloyd said:

Ok, guy.  Do your thing.

Sorry, not trying to be a dick, but you can see we went for HFs to hey it’s not a terrible injury he could come back to we are risking his career rushing him back all in the span of 12 days. 

It's a contract year for him right? Was thinking about this earlier. Probably could have kept him for cheaper if he didn't play, but the man wants to get paid.

Obviously rehab is considered an option from the docs, and rehab is always preferred over surgery. The issue he may have is if he rushes back too quickly and really f's something else entirely. 

i imagine he tries to come back. if not, hes going to prob take a big pay cut in his new contract. he he comes back and is the same player, he will get the money. 

Panthers’ a  wishin and a hopin

Mcl is one thing

dislocated kneecap something else again

he is a contract year. He would be nuts to risk further injury. 

They need to seriously look at cuts and practice squads for young players better than they currently have for depth and grooming