• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

beastson

Butler and Bradberry are 3rd year players. They have to show something

Bradbery is a solid number 2 corner. He does very well I think against larger WRs. For example he always seems to do well against players like Mike Evans.

One thing that always seems lacking in him are personality traits of a great CB. He seems very reserved and never gives off the vibe of wanting to be a shutdown CB. My hope is that Jackson can turn into our number 1 so Bradberry can be our number 2 which is ideal. 

Butler always flashed once a game but is not effective on the other 20 plays. He needs consistency. Unfortunately with his injury history I have little faith he will turn into what we need him to be. I still trust Kyle Love more than him. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, yasuhara2241 said:

He seems very reserved and never gives off the vibe of wanting to be a shutdown CB.

Like Chris Gamble? Everyone doesn't have to be Norman or Revis.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Just now, Pup McBarky said:

Like Chris Gamble? Everyone doesn't have to be Norman or Revis.

Chris Gamble was a good CB but wasn't close to a shutdown or even a pro bowl CB. 

Honestly,  that is a perfect comparison. Players solid,  not spectacular and in this NFL Gamble would be a good #2 CB

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Players solid,  not spectacular and in this NFL Gamble would be a good #2 CB

Okay, sure.

Edited by Pup McBarky

26 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Okay, sure.

Maybe I have selective memory over those years that he played. Who would you compare Gamble to now?

1 minute ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Maybe I have selective memory over those years that he played. Who would you compare Gamble to now?

Now? Dunno. Peanut Tillman, also not a trash talker, reminded me of Gamble. Quiet confidence is underrated. 

• Pie 1

Also, Stephon Gilmore, while not a pro-bowler, is better than any of our CBs. He's not known as a trash talker. He reminds me a bit of Gamble. Just does his job pretty damn well. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Mage said:

Gamble could be up and down at times, but his 2011 season (first with Rivera) was elite.  He shut down everyone.

Nah, Gamble was excellent. The years where his INTs dropped were the years where opposing teams just quit throwing to his side of the field. The guy was phenomenal and would be considered one of the elites if he had been any good at self-promotion. 

He lined up and quietly took care of business throughout his career. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Chris Gamble was a good CB but wasn't close to a shutdown or even a pro bowl CB. 

debatable. Gamble closed out his career with some really strong seasons.

Not like you have to have the personality of a CB to be a good CB, high level CB. Xavier Rhodes and Nnamdi Asomugha both come to mind.

• Pie 1