• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Cat

Elizabeth Warren's Plan to Save Capitalism

Op -ed by Warren https://www.wsj.com/articles/companies-shouldnt-be-accountable-only-to-shareholders-1534287687

Great article by vox breaking things down.  https://www.vox.com/2018/8/15/17683022/elizabeth-warren-accountable-capitalism-corporations

I find Warren quite refreshing. She has mostly ignored the circus that is Washington and went to work. She hasn't changed much since she got into politics in 2013.  Her #1 priority is still the American middle class and low income. It was her passion for the middle class and low income that got her to run for office. We should be glad there are people like her in govt. Someone on here I think it was @CRA (maybe someone else) recently said they didn't like Warren because she reminded them of Clinton and has been in politics too long. If that is anyone's opinion of her then I suggest you do more research because you must be confusing her with someone else. 

Edited by Cat
  • Pie 2

the greatest thing that could ever happen is that the dems nominate her to run against Trump

25 minutes ago, Cat said:

Op -ed by Warren https://www.wsj.com/articles/companies-shouldnt-be-accountable-only-to-shareholders-1534287687

Great article by vox breaking things down.  https://www.vox.com/2018/8/15/17683022/elizabeth-warren-accountable-capitalism-corporations

I find Warren quite refreshing. She has mostly ignored the circus that is Washington and went to work. She hasn't changed much since she got into politics in 2013.  Her #1 priority is still the American middle class and low income. It was her passion for the middle class and low income that got her to run for office. We should be glad there are people like her in govt. Someone on here I think it was @CRA (maybe someone else) recently said they didn't like Warren because she reminded them of Clinton and has been in it too long. If that is anyone's opinion of her then I suggest you do more research because you must be confusing her with someone else. 

I have always liked her. She seems really sharp & intelligent and not just a party drone.

5 minutes ago, bull123 said:

the greatest thing that could ever happen is that the dems nominate her to run against Trump

She has the knowledge and desire to actually help the low income and middle class in regards to economics. I pity the fools who voted for Trump thinking he was going to help them. He got in and did exactly what the establishment republicans wanted, Bush tax cuts on steroids. It greatly benefited the super rich and in time will put us in another recession. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Please let her win the DNC nomination

I know, prepared women really don't stand a chance even against crazy old men. SAD

Edited by Cat

I don't care if she has a vagina or a penis, you seem to.  She's the next coming of George McGovern and I'm all for her winning the nomination.  

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Cat said:

She has the knowledge and desire to actually help the low income and middle class in regards to economics. I pity the fools who voted for Trump thinking he was going to help them. He got in and did exactly what the establishment republicans wanted, Bush tax cuts on steroids. It greatly benefited the super rich and in time will put us in another recession. 

As I said...she would be a fine candidate...hope she runs 

2 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

I don't care if she has a vagina or a penis, you seem to.  She's the next coming of George McGovern and I'm all for her winning the nomination.  

Studies show most people do care and they don't even realize it. The sound of women's voices that really put us off in regards to giving them power. 

I was hoping for thoughts on her bill not vague responses from republicans hoping she is the DNC candidate in 2020.

I'm not sure why I expected more. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, tondi said:

Poor people good rich people bad.  There you happy? 

I believe (I need to read more) the basic jist of the bill is to incentivize investments back into workers and the company instead of shareholder rewarding as our current system does.

So is this your base republican brain understanding of that shift?  Its not about treating wealth as bad, its about setting our system in a manner that allows a broader base to achieve wealth.

• Pie 4

If the DNC put up anyone other than Hilary, Trump isn't president right now.    So I don't really know why people dismiss her.

• Pie 5

15 minutes ago, tondi said:

Poor people good rich people bad.  There you happy? 

it's cute how republicans were saying stuff like 'trump won because hillary ignored the working class in the rust belt' but now they're saying stuff like this and mocking the very idea that we should care about the working class and the rust belt.

your ideals and politics shift and change without any reason, just whatever you think will stick it to your opponents. there literally is no right wing anymore beyond "fug the libs"

• Pie 5