• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Saca312

An Article on Christian McCaffrey, Shula's Ineptitude, and whether he can have a Todd Gurley-esque jump

Cian has always been higher on the Panthers than most, and one of Cam's biggest defenders as far as accuracy goes.  He essentially used Steph Curry and Deandre Jordan as examples to say nothing was wrong with Cam's accuracy and how completion percentage is smoke and mirrors.

Article about CMC was originally behind a paywall btw, so hopefully he doesn't magically find this thread. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Article about CMC was originally behind a paywall btw, so hopefully he doesn't magically find this thread. 

Well currently it's open to the public on his Patreon now so it's no longer behind a paywall.

CMC is our starting RB and will be one of the best offensive players in the NFL this year.  

25 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

No where near as talented as Gurley.

Better college player than Gurley yet to be seen as a pro. They are obviously both talented 

• Pie 1

I think expecting a huge jump for him, considering the losses on the Oline is a bit unfair to him to begin with. It's not like Gurley only changed OCoordinators. He had an influx of talent on the oline as well. The Panthers have gotten worse at oline this offseason.

• Pie 2

There were countless examples throughout the season of misdirection play designs not working because an il-equipped lineman was being asked to work in space or a skill position player was asked to make a key block against a defensive end/linebacker.

This.

This idea of deception was an epidemic for the Panthers offense.   Shula tried to outsmart the defense, doing the opposite of what they expected.

OMG this.  Shula would do something stupid because no one would expect it.

It made a lot more sense for McCaffrey to be the one catching the ball after the fake rather than the one executing the fake.

Duuhhhh.

In Norv Turner, the Panthers have hired a better offensive coordinator than Mike Shula. Maybe.

This is exactly where I am right now.

Turner's last job was very inconsistent. When he was forced to use option play designs and spread the field with Sam Bradford as his starting quarterback early in the year, his offense flourished. Once Bradford had time with Turner, the offensive coordinator came out of the bye week and reverted back to his preferred offense.

...At 66 years of age, with an abundance of success in football in his past, it's hard to expect Turner to change his ways. But it's possible.

Please please make it so....

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I think expecting a huge jump for him, considering the losses on the Oline is a bit unfair to him to begin with. It's not like Gurley only changed OCoordinators. He had an influx of talent on the oline as well. The Panthers have gotten worse at oline this offseason.

I think Moton will actually be as good or better. Norwell is a clear loss, but you are missing the huge upgrades at WR and at TE2. Don’t forget Olsen too. It’s not a coincidence that he had 100+ in the playoffs and we had over 300 passing yards. He missed both regular season games and we had just over 300 yards combined in both games.

A new OC and much better receivers is going to more than compensate for the downgrade at LG.

Shula's Ineptitude

I've heard these terms before.

Inside my head.

Frequently.

I wonder why Ron "I Would Have Taken A Shot Too" Rivera stuck with him for so many years?

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

No where near as talented as Gurley.

At his best and used appropriately, CMC will produce more total yards from scrimmage and more TDs than Gurley. 

• Pie 1

I think expecting CMC to at least be Tiki Barber when he fixed bis fumbling issues is fair since he was the 8th overall pick and is our number 2 receiver.