39 replies to this topic

#16 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

Great news!

Too bad Curry had his way with us though..

Don't feel bad... I don't like State at all but Curry has his way with everyone!... well except for his last game

#17 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

"Give Michigan credit," Krzyzewski said. "They played great and the crowd was fantastic."

and then he says-

"We were really worried coming off the Purdue game. This is a tough academic week for us, and we didn't handle it in a mature way," Krzyzewski said. "We were not mentally ready to play."

seriously... come one now, seriously? coach... tough academic week?

#18 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:38 AM

"Give Michigan credit," Krzyzewski said. "They played great and the crowd was fantastic."

and then he says-

"We were really worried coming off the Purdue game. This is a tough academic week for us, and we didn't handle it in a mature way," Krzyzewski said. "We were not mentally ready to play."

seriously... come one now, seriously? coach... tough academic week?

I hate duke as much as you do, but if the 86 in your name represents the year you were born you may be in college or just graduated college but either way, it's finals week.... and I know mine are hard enough... can you imagine finals at duke???? Their players don't major in cupcake stuff, they're like in school to be brain surgeons and stuff lol

#19 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:04 AM

Henderson: Majoring in psychology with a certificate in markets and management studies
Paulus: Majoring in political science with a certificate in markets and management studies
Scheyer: History
Singler: Not declared
Smith: Not declared

I see no brain surgeons... I'm not debating the fact that this week may be more stressful than others. Exams at all top public or private universities are difficult... All I was pointing out was we've heard this kind of excuse from K before when his team doesn't show up. It happens to all teams (not being mentally prepared).

#20 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:15 AM

It's like the saying goes... State prepares the field to play on... Carolina puts the athletes on the field.... duke writes the paychecks to all of them (I know that's unrelated to what we were talking about but I love that saying!)..... You are right though, it does happen to all teams, but when you lose to a team that you are better than, you have to blame it on something other than if he were to say... well we just suck

#21 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:18 AM

If I were a dook fan, I'd be very concerned about the lack of development of the bench. Every year it seems that K trusts his freshmen burger-boys less and less. The fact is, if Dook stays this course, another postseason flameout is coming.

#22 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:20 AM

It's like the saying goes... State prepares the field to play on... Carolina puts the athletes on the field.... duke writes the paychecks to all of them (I know that's unrelated to what we were talking about but I love that saying!)..... You are right though, it does happen to all teams, but when you lose to a team that you are better than, you have to blame it on something other than if he were to say... well we just suck

lol. alright i'll give you that. :yesnod:

#23 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

I love how obsessed the Carolina fans seem to be about this loss. I mean give me a break people, it happens. You are acting like they are going to play that way for the rest of the year. Teams have off nights, right? Does 40-12 ring a bell? Does that mean that the team that went on that run was that much better than the other? No. One team just had an off night at the worst possible time. I'll take an off night in December and not think twice about it. I'll say it again, Duke will be just fine.

#24 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:58 AM

This is why Tweeder is the only cogent UNC fan on this site.

Bitch! I don't gloat like this. We all know upsets happen, this IMO will not effect the game against UNC. We all know both teams bring their A game on those days. That's why we have been splitting the last few years.

#25 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:51 PM

Ohh the nastiness is strong is this thread!!! I like it, it is feeling more and more like basketball season.

Ok, we all know that Dook fans would be pouring it out on the Tarheel fans of this site if we were to loose a game (which likely may happen this season).

Dookies, like always you were ranked higher than you should have been in preseason. Take this one on the chin and man up! It is a long season!

Go Tar Heels!!!!

#26 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

I definitely think the Devils have the talent to justify their ranking, but I think personel and player-development is suspect. But, as one of the dookies pointed out...It's just an early season loss and nothing more.

#27 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:51 PM

[quote name='Mr. Hotsauce']

Dookies, like always you were ranked higher than you should have been in preseason. QUOTE]

Just curious who you think should be ranked higher than Duke??

#28 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:36 AM

Quite honestly, i don't think anyone other than UNC has shown they are worthy of their ranking (obviously i'm a homer) so by that logic i can't argue that Duke was overrated.

#29 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

We can start with Michigan....

#30 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

We can start with Michigan....

hook me up with your sister

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.