• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Bronn

Florence...

Saw on 3 different channels that storm chaser planes had reported 83 foot tall waves somewhere NW of the eyewall. I dunno, that sounds pretty outlandish.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Cat said:

So we are flying in from Amsterdam to Atlanta Ssturday then ATL to CLT. Delta is telling me I can change my flight. Idk what to do. Anyone think I'll make it to ATL?

doubtful, not with this shift in path. i'm leaving for peru sunday and had originally planned to fly out of atlanta, but after the shift i went with dc > houston > lima. no way i'm fuging with anything in the carolinas or georgia

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jaycat said:

Saw on 3 different channels that storm chaser planes had reported 83 foot tall waves somewhere NW of the eyewall. I dunno, that sounds pretty outlandish.

George Clooney would not be surprised.

But in all seriousness...  this hurricane is massive, don’t be surprised if there is not much of southern shift or stall and this thing just keeps going.

Edited by ARSEN

NC East Coast is going to be totally fuged... Hurricane for 2-3 days with almost 40 inches of rain?  Is this real world?

Ventusky changed model, says Florence will move inland 12 hours earlier than predicted with eye passing over Columbia, SC.

Florence has been downgraded to Cat 3... keep on dropping.  No longer a major hurricane.  Charlotte is expecting 50+ wind gusts tomorrow night so get ready for power loss.

Edited by ARSEN

Got about 3 feet of water in my house. Landlord said he wasn't making repairs, just gonna take the insurance money and dump the place.

8 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Got about 3 feet of water in my house. Landlord said he wasn't making repairs, just gonna take the insurance money and dump the place.

damn man, that sucks...

Do you get any of that fallback from renter's insurance, or does it just cover your belongings? Got a plan to get setup somewhere else?

12 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Jesus. Can’t say I blame him though...flood damage like that (3ft) is often times can’t just be fully repaired and if it is it costs much more than it’s worth. Small repairs will just be a nagging/lingering investment constantly costing money with ongoing issues.

1 hour ago, Lumps said:

Jesus. Can’t say I blame him though...flood damage like that (3ft) is often times can’t just be fully repaired and if it is it costs much more than it’s worth. Small repairs will just be a nagging/lingering investment constantly costing money with ongoing issues.

Insurance company said they wouldn't issue another policy. Which can only help my FEMA claim.