Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

HarambeLivesOn

California has the nation’s highest poverty rate

Recommended Posts

TRUE: California has the nation’s highest poverty rate, when factoring in cost-of-living


"If you look at the official poverty measure in California, we’re about average with the rest of the country," Mayes said. "But if you use the supplemental poverty measure, we are in the lead. We have the highest poverty rate in the nation -- higher than New Mexico, higher than any of the southern states, Louisiana, Alabama, higher than Idaho."

https://www.politifact.com/california/statements/2017/jan/20/chad-mayes/true-california-has-nations-highest-poverty-rate-w/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw. Don't feel left out. Red states lead the nation in something too!

image.png.f45adb553038a62c8b59686c2205b92b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Aw. Don't feel left out. Red states lead the nation in something too!

image.png.f45adb553038a62c8b59686c2205b92b.png

Well maybe this will change when fried chicken stops being delicious.

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you put food on your back porch you'll have plenty of critters start hanging around to eat it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Aw. Don't feel left out. Red states lead the nation in something too!

image.png.f45adb553038a62c8b59686c2205b92b.png

Most of this is due to the excessive caloric intake from liberal tears over the last two years.

Edited by donttreadonme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HarambeLivesOn said:

TRUE: California has the nation’s highest poverty rate, when factoring in cost-of-living 


"If you look at the official poverty measure in California, we’re about average with the rest of the country," Mayes said. "But if you use the supplemental poverty measure, we are in the lead. We have the highest poverty rate in the nation -- higher than New Mexico, higher than any of the southern states, Louisiana, Alabama, higher than Idaho."

https://www.politifact.com/california/statements/2017/jan/20/chad-mayes/true-california-has-nations-highest-poverty-rate-w/

When factoring in cost-of-living.

Bu what about Trump's tax cuts?

Truth is 90% of the Carolina Huddle membership would be under the poverty line in CA. And OP's mobile home would be worth less than a driveway in CA. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, rodeo said:

capitalism is failing

its not capitalism that's failing,  its people thinking they can give everything away to abled bodied people and  nobody working for it.... that dont work, after awhile, you run out of other peoples money

 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Perry Rich said:

its not capitalism that's failing,  its people thinking they can give everything away to abled bodied people and  nobody working for it.... that dont work, after awhile, you run out of other peoples money

wait but i thought unemployment was the lowest in history, how can the problem be people not working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rodeo said:

wait but i thought unemployment was the lowest in history, how can the problem be people not working?

well it would seem that there's enough people working in other states that the national unemployment rate is still some of the lowest in history even though Cali is so messed up and not pulling its weight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait ... a warm, inviting, beautiful state attracts the homeless? The hell you say!

Similar to how Honolulu has a big issue. The question is, how do the homeless get there? THAT is a trip that requires quite a few cups of change.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Perry Rich said:

well it would seem that there's enough people working in other states that the national unemployment rate is still some of the lowest in history even though Cali is so messed up and not pulling its weight

California is the 5th largest economy in the world with a GSP of $2.75T, the largest economy in the United States and an unemployment rate of 4.2%.

Unemployment rate in line with rest of country, but poverty rate is highest in the nation.

C'mon Trumpers, explain it away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Perry Rich said:

well it would seem that there's enough people working in other states that the national unemployment rate is still some of the lowest in history even though Cali is so messed up and not pulling its weight

california pulls more than its weight, it contributes more in taxes than it receives. it pulls its weight and then the weight of several red states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,518
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Uwontdoit81
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      142,967
    • Total Posts
      4,587,429
×