• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

HarambeLivesOn

California has the nation’s highest poverty rate

10 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

This is not true, either. On a per capita basis, there are many states who have a higher violent crime rate per 100,000 people than California.

https://muninetguide.com/u-s-state-crime-rates/

In my opinion, Statistics for “per 100,000” studies regarding crime are misleading. Does anyone really believe Alaska is the most dangerous state in the US? 

11 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

In my opinion, Statistics for “per 100,000” studies regarding crime are misleading. Does anyone really believe Alaska is the most dangerous state in the US? 

And citing a higher crime rate without context is even more misleading. It is, after all, called "crime rate" for a reason. A "rate" is a ratio, which means you need more than one number to compare. Basic math, I know, but c'mon.

Of course California has more crime than Wyoming. There are only 563,000 people in Wyoming.

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

And citing a higher crime rate without context is even more misleading. It is, after all, called "crime rate" for a reason. A "rate" is a ratio, which means you need more than one number to compare. Basic math, I know, but c'mon.

Of course California has more crime than Wyoming. There are only 563,000 people in Wyoming.

I agree. Both are misleading. Statistics and ratios go a lot further than using crime rates per 100,000 people. 

43 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

The FBI crime stats, which are the national standard, use crimes per 10,000 people when compiling data for cities. 

1 hour ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Not only does California have the highest poverty rate but also the highest crime rate.

Okay we know what calculation is being used to show it having the highest poverty rate - as it takes cost of living into account.

What calculation are you using to get highest crime rate?   As stated the national (and international) standard does not show that.

Edited by Fryfan
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Okay we know what calculation is being used to show it having the highest poverty rate - as it takes cost of living into account.

What calculation are you using to get highest crime rate?   As stated the national (and international) standard does not show that.

It’s funny you ask when we kno where he’s getting them from....his ass

2 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Omg I just said statistics are misleading. Are you just that confrontational. 

Yes according to the “FBI” the statistics they use do not show California as the most violent state. However those statistics lack extreme context. Just like Cam and his QBR. 

1 hour ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Not only does California have the highest poverty rate but also the highest crime rate

The HIGHEST crime rate.

How are you measuring that?  Its a simple question to verify your statement.

18 hours ago, Perry Rich said:

dude you think anything that gives the government money to spent is a good thing.... you should give them all of yours

Do you drive on roads? Do you consume public utilities and resources?

Please, share with us how you "work" for all the public systems and resources you use and consume.

California has more homeless people because it has more people. Period. This isn't rocket surgery.

To come in and lambast the downtrodden is not only immoral, but very narrow sighted.

Before you look for other people's problems, maybe look in a mirror.

11 hours ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

how's point man coming along? 

I just released another single (I'm up to 8 in the past 7 months). 

you've been working on the same movie for almost a decade now. 

when is the release date? 

you released another single because you don't have a record label to release it for you because no one cares about your soundcloud raps lmao

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

It’s funny you ask when we kno where he’s getting them from....his ass

this is the guy that stated we should've nuked vietnam. we're clearly not dealing with the brightest bulb here

• Beer 1

If you're someone like OP, or Ecat, don't you you eventually realize you just aren't that smart when people start putting up the facts and shutting down your arguments?   I don't understand why you keep embarrassing yourselves over and over.     We used to have some good conversations in the Tbox between right, left, etc people.     We may have not came to agreements on a lot of things, but I can't really remember that many of them being totally stupid.     This new wave of Tbox posters over the last years (Trump era) have been completely retarded.     There isn't a better way to put it.

And trying to put down Philly over a movie that was completed and is about to make its way to streaming services and whatnot is the dumbest thing ever.    This guy made a MOVIE on his own.      If you don't understand the difference in complexity of making an entire feature film to recording a rap song solo and uploading to soundcloud, then I don't really know what to say here.     This put down is never going to work bro.   

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Lol what? I’ve never stated such a thing. Nice story though. 

Well the search function sucks but you said something catastrophically stupid about Vietnam a while back and I'm pretty sure it involved nukes

Just now, PhillyB said:

Well the search function sucks but you said something catastrophically stupid about Vietnam a while back and I'm pretty sure it involved nukes

I don’t really give a rats ass about your opinion but I can assure you that you’re absolutley wrong on this. If I did, i was wrong and it was probably in a joking manner. I don’t believe in the use of nuclear weapons under any circumstances.