• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Fryfan

Deep State Alert! - NYT reporting Rosenstein discussed strategy of secretly Recording Trump

and invoking the 25th amendment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-wear-wire-25th-amendment.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

WASHINGTON — The deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, suggested last year that he secretly record President Trump in the White House to expose the chaos consuming the administration, and he discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office for being unfit.

Mr. Rosenstein made these suggestions in the spring of 2017 when Mr. Trump’s firing of James B. Comey as F.B.I. director plunged the White House into turmoil. Over the ensuing days, the president divulgedclassified intelligence to Russians in the Oval Office, and revelations emerged that Mr. Trump had asked Mr. Comey to pledge loyalty and end an investigation into a senior aide.

Mr. Rosenstein was just two weeks into his job. He had begun overseeing the Russia investigation and played a key role in the president’s dismissal of Mr. Comey by writing a memo critical of his handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation. But Mr. Rosenstein was caught off guard when Mr. Trump cited the memo in the firing, and he began telling people that he feared he had been used.

Mr. Rosenstein made the remarks about secretly recording Mr. Trump and about the 25th Amendment in meetings and conversations with other Justice Department and F.B.I. officials. Several people described the episodes, insisting on anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. The people were briefed either on the events themselves or on memos written by F.B.I. officials, including Andrew G. McCabe, then the acting bureau director, that documented Mr. Rosenstein’s actions and comments.

1 minute ago, Cat said:

So he was doing his job. 

I am 50/50 on this.

A. Rosenstein saw the dangers and absolutely looked into take steps to remove Donald.

B. Some half truths leaked by Trump allies to justify firing Rosenstein.

So....IS he the "Adult in the room?"

Is this what everyone signed up for when they back Trump?  This level of insanity, a divided party, and the inability to solve problems?

It's pretty clear the President broke the law and obstructed justice when he fired Comey and he has done nothing less since this act. Trumps constant shenanigans has because the norm but doesn't make it less illegal. 

Edited by Cat

1 hour ago, Fryfan said:

WASHINGTON — The deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, suggested last year that he secretly record President Trump in the White House to expose the chaos consuming the administration, and he discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office for being unfit.

sounds reasonable to me

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

@CRA is right on this one this looks like 100% a team trump leak trying to get the jump on something way worse.

Yep, Rosenstien called at the NYT and made sure to note the annoymous sources also clearly were people out to discredit the DOJ.  

Can anyone name someone who has steadily beat the drum to bash and discredit everyone at the top of the DOJ?  I can.  He has done it weekly almost for 3 months. 

Everyone knows Trump’s tactics.  He has employed them for decades.  Trump and his folks are some of the most highly used annoymous sources.  Trump has employed this tactic for decades and the NYT is his go to. 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yep, Rosenstien called at the NYT and made sure to note the annoymous sources also clearly were people out to discredit the DOJ.  

Can anyone name someone who has steadily beat the drum to bash and discredit everyone at the top of the DOJ?  I can.  He has done it weekly almost for 3 months. 

Everyone knows Trump’s tactics.  He has employed them for decades.  Trump and his folks are some of the most highly used annoymous sources.  Trump has employed this tactic for decades and the NYT is his go to. 

You are Amy Siskind?

4 minutes ago, HarambeLivesOn said:

it wouldn't surprise me if some people on the left would support a coup at this point.

Not yet but if Meuller finds stuff worth charging and the Congress does nothing then probably so. The rule of law would have already been proven irrelevant. 

Edited by Cat

If this poo went on right after Obama took office you fugger's would be in meltdown mode about how insiders were attempting a coup, and you'd probably be right.  However since its an R instead of a D most of you see no issue at all.  How surprising. 

9 minutes ago, tondi said:

If this poo went on right after Obama took office you fugger's would be in meltdown mode about how insiders were attempting a coup, and you'd probably be right.  However since its an R instead of a D most of you see no issue at all.  How surprising. 

It didn't?