• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

It has been a while but we finally have the PG we need. Happy day in Durham!

#2 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

Irving is supposed to be good...We will see. I'm not big on scoring PGs in general, but maybe that is the best fit for duke because that's exactly what J Williams was.

#3 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:51 AM

Jay Williams won a title. Lawson is a scoring pg. You didn't like him? Your just saying this because your new point guard is more of a true point. You will say anything to benefit UNC, thats why it is so hard for anyone to take you seriously. I'm hoping one day you will get it.

#4 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,254 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

I read this at work today and did a quite fist pump.
Might be time for another little roll. Then K walks away.

#5 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

Jay Williams won a title. Lawson is a scoring pg. You didn't like him? Your just saying this because your new point guard is more of a true point. You will say anything to benefit UNC, thats why it is so hard for anyone to take you seriously. I'm hoping one day you will get it.

Lawson could score and did on that break, but he always looked for his teammates.

#6 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

Lawson could score and did on that break, but he always looked for his teammates.

Are you saying J-Will didn't look for teammates? Once again you should research facts before you speak because his stats in 2001 were 21 ppg. and he averaged 6 assts. per game and that is only .7 less than Lawson. Dude get your facts straight I am starting to get embarrassed for you.

#7 TyHillPanthers

TyHillPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

Jay Williams was great no denying that but if i were to look at the two Lawson was a better PG. Sure Assists were similar but on fast break Lawson was great at creating his own shot OR dumping to the open man or even drawing a foul, thats what sets them apart what to do in the open court...quit being bitter of UNCs recent success. They both were great for their respective teams. As for Irving I think it will be good for Duke..they honestly need some help in the backcourt this year.

Edited by TyHillPanthers, 26 October 2009 - 02:43 PM.

#8 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

To Htar, regarding Kyrie being just a scorer:

"In the finale, NJ held off Philly for a 109-100 win. 6-foot-2 St. Patrick's Sr. Kyrie Irving fresh off his announcement to Duke on Thursday night on national television showed why he is one of the best players in the country. Irving finished with 19 points and 11 assists. The 11 assist number was double what any other player had on the day."

http://njhoops.rival...asp?CID=1006848

#9 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

Jay Williams was great no denying that but if i were to look at the two Lawson was a better PG. Sure Assists were similar but on fast break Lawson was great at creating his own shot OR dumping to the open man or even drawing a foul, thats what sets them apart what to do in the open court...quit being bitter of UNCs recent success. They both were great for their respective teams. As for Irving I think it will be good for Duke..they honestly need some help in the backcourt this year.

Nobody here is bitter. Creating your own shot translates into PPG, dumping the ball to the open man translates into assists so tell me again how Lawson is the better PG? I can admit UNC has been better the past couple years but you Carolina fans want to argue the smallest details. I will take my backcourt over Carolinas this year.

#10 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

Nobody here is bitter. Creating your own shot translates into PPG, dumping the ball to the open man translates into assists so tell me again how Lawson is the better PG? I can admit UNC has been better the past couple years but you Carolina fans want to argue the smallest details. I will take my backcourt over Carolinas this year.

You have three guards...Only one is a proven player and that is Scheyer. One, Smith, has done nothing and the other is a freshman.

#11 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

You have three guards...Only one is a proven player and that is Scheyer. One, Smith, has done nothing and the other is a freshman.

Nolen Smith averaged 9 ppg. and 2 asst. If that is nothing then your starting Point Guard is just horrible 1 ppg 1 asst. and 1 TO. Oh and behind him you have 2 freshmen. So lets look at this I have two guards one averaged 15 ppg. 3 asst. and 4 reb and a guy backing him up that averaged 9 ppg. and 2 asst. 3 reb. and a top 20 freshman. So speaking rationally who has the better guards?

#12 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

Htar I am a rational person and last year I would have taken UNC's guards over Duke's because they were better. Their stats were better and that is why you guys won a national championship is because of your guards.

#13 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

Htar I am a rational person and last year I would have taken UNC's guards over Duke's because they were better. Their stats were better and that is why you guys won a national championship is because of your guards.

All rational thoughts are thrown out the window when it comes to Duke-Carolina and Htar. Obviously, Nolan is better than any guard Carolina has. Just a couple more weeks and Htar will be quieting down some, you'll see.

#14 TyHillPanthers

TyHillPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

Williams ran off screens for shots...Lawson created his if you wanna get detailed. It is honestly hard to compare considering..Jay worked out of half court and Lawson ran the court. How about this, Jay was better in half court but Lawson was better on fast break? Agree? I think thats fairly accurate. . In reply to your Nolan Smith comment. id take Marcus Ginyard over Smith any day. They essentially do the same thing on offense but Ginyard plays a better defensive game than Smith does. I will give you Scheyer but other than that. nothing.

Edited by TyHillPanthers, 27 October 2009 - 10:35 AM.

#15 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:02 PM

Williams ran off screens for shots...Lawson created his if you wanna get detailed. It is honestly hard to compare considering..Jay worked out of half court and Lawson ran the court. How about this, Jay was better in half court but Lawson was better on fast break? Agree? I think thats fairly accurate. . In reply to your Nolan Smith comment. id take Marcus Ginyard over Smith any day. They essentially do the same thing on offense but Ginyard plays a better defensive game than Smith does. I will give you Scheyer but other than that. nothing.

Did you ever watch J-Will play? He was a point guard not a shooting guard. Lawson ran off as many screens as he did. JJ Redick ran off screens, Wayne Ellington ran off screens, Dante Calabria ran off screens. They were both great scoring point guards is my point. That is what they were known for and not dishing out tons of assts. If you need to youtube J-will and see go ahead. As far as Ginyard goes he is more of a small forward/shooting guard where as Nolen is a point guard. Ginyard has averaged 5 ppg. and 2 assts. for his career so I will take Nolen if scoring is the issue but I will agree Ginyard has him on D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.