• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 TyHillPanthers

TyHillPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

Did you ever watch J-Will play? He was a point guard not a shooting guard. Lawson ran off as many screens as he did. JJ Redick ran off screens, Wayne Ellington ran off screens, Dante Calabria ran off screens. They were both great scoring point guards is my point. That is what they were known for and not dishing out tons of assts. If you need to youtube J-will and see go ahead. As far as Ginyard goes he is more of a small forward/shooting guard where as Nolen is a point guard. Ginyard has averaged 5 ppg. and 2 assts. for his career so I will take Nolen if scoring is the issue but I will agree Ginyard has him on D.

Yes I watched J Will play long enough at Duke. Ginyard will be handling the ball more this year like he did when Lawson went out so you'll see him at the 1 more.

#17 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

Yes I watched J Will play long enough at Duke. Ginyard will be handling the ball more this year like he did when Lawson went out so you'll see him at the 1 more.

So you are telling me that Ginyard being 6'5" is going to run the point for the Heels? You have a sophmore pg and two freshmen pg and Ginyard is going to run the point. I guess we will have to see, if he is your best option at point you guys are in trouble.

#18 TyHillPanthers

TyHillPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

So you are telling me that Ginyard being 6'5" is going to run the point for the Heels? You have a sophmore pg and two freshmen pg and Ginyard is going to run the point. I guess we will have to see, if he is your best option at point you guys are in trouble.

Its more like there will be Larry Drew but when he goes out Ginyard will most likely handle the ball more than the ONE freshman..the other is no PG. Ginyard will be fine..hes always handled that position when called upon and they still won games. UNC wont run poo like they did last year but I think they'll be top 3 in the ACC this year.

Edited by TyHillPanthers, 02 November 2009 - 06:44 PM.

#19 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

Its more like there will be Larry Drew but when he goes out Ginyard will most likely handle the ball more than the ONE freshman..the other is no PG. Ginyard will be fine..hes always handled that position when called upon and they still won games. UNC wont run poo like they did last year but I think they'll be top 3 in the ACC this year.

Man, you haven't figured out how it works when you are an ABC'er....When you are an ABCer, your players always get better, they can change/move out of position (scheyer) and you will be great...Tar Heels only get worse. I mean, don't you know that Drew is a cross-eyed, cripple? Ask the ABC'ers...They'll tell ya.

#20 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:54 AM

Man, you haven't figured out how it works when you are an ABC'er....When you are an ABCer, your players always get better, they can change/move out of position (scheyer) and you will be great...Tar Heels only get worse. I mean, don't you know that Drew is a cross-eyed, cripple? Ask the ABC'ers...They'll tell ya.

Come on tell me truthfully you are excited about Larry Drew running your team? I am not excited about Scheyer running my team but his is one of the only guards we have that can do it. I also so didn't call him great, I said he did a good job last year playing pg when that is not his normal position. This is why I am glad Irving is coming so we will have a true point guard. Lets just wish each other good luck and enjoy the season.

#21 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

^ Larry Drew will do fine running the point for UNC.

#22 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:44 AM

^ Larry Drew will do fine running the point for UNC.

What has he done to make you think that? What about how he performed at the scrimmage? Do you even know what he did?

#23 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:43 PM

What has he done to make you think that? What about how he performed at the scrimmage? Do you even know what he did?

What has he done that makes you think he can't? Oh yeah, I forgot, only tar heels get worse from year to year. I hope someone keeps this thread tagged so we can revisit this in February or March.

#24 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

What has he done that makes you think he can't? Oh yeah, I forgot, only tar heels get worse from year to year. I hope someone keeps this thread tagged so we can revisit this in February or March.

How about what he did in the scrimmage WTF is wrong with you. I am bringing facts to the table and you are bringing nothing. This is why people don't like Carolina, it's because of their fans. Once again do YOU WANT ME TO EMAIL YOU THE PLAY-BY-PLAY OF THE SCRIMMAGE so you can see what I am talking about. He is not ready yet, end of story.:beatdeadhorse5:

#25 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

Concerning Drew, I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of this.

Sorry, I don't know how to embed a video. Please do it if you know how.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com