12 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:57 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4586311

I feel like Wall's situation is better than Sidney's (which is pretty much as bad as it gets). But its still not a good situation for UK to be in ALREADY with Calipari. Looks like Eric Bledsoe could have been a backup plan in case something like this happened. Cal is about as slick as they come...he knew.

#2 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

"We will be a program rooted in integrity and run with class," he said.
-- John Calipari

I LOVE IT!!!!!

#3 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:05 AM

Much ado about nothing.

#4 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:49 AM

Season has not even started yet and the squid is already being caught up in this stuff. I love it.

#5 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

He's not caught up in anything. If Wall is ineligible, then so it the white kid Duke signed. If they make Wall ineligible but not the Duke white kid, then Wall has a very good lawsuit on his hands.

#6 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

Did any of you actually read the article or did you all just read the headline and jumped in to give your opinion? It has nothing to do with Cal because he wasn't even there when this issue happened. Also, they are trying to figure out how the trips to Kentucky were paid for when he went before Cal,so that has nothing to do with Ryan Kelly aka "White Kid".

#7 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

He's not caught up in anything. If Wall is ineligible, then so it the white kid Duke signed. If they make Wall ineligible but not the Duke white kid, then Wall has a very good lawsuit on his hands.

What the hell are you talking about? What does John Wall's eligibility have to do with Ryan Kelly's?

#8 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

What the hell are you talking about? What does John Wall's eligibility have to do with Ryan Kelly's?

The problem is that the AAU coach, also Ryan Kelly's AAU coach, used to be an agent.

"Brian Clifton, Wall's AAU coach, was a certified agent with FIBA, basketball's international governing body, for nearly a year. Under NCAA rule that equates to Wall accepting illegal benefits from an agent."

This AAU coach, by the way, hates Calipari and wanted Wall to go to Duke.

Edited by Meat, 23 October 2009 - 09:54 AM.

#9 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:18 AM

The problem is that the AAU coach, also Ryan Kelly's AAU coach, used to be an agent.

"Brian Clifton, Wall's AAU coach, was a certified agent with FIBA, basketball's international governing body, for nearly a year. Under NCAA rule that equates to Wall accepting illegal benefits from an agent."

He didn't like Coach K and said he would hold Wall back by not letting him be the one and done player he should be. He said visiting Duke is a waste of time. Wall wanted to visit Duke. I'm pretty sure he liked Calipari.

#10 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

But isn't the reason Wall is under investigation is because of Clifton paying some of his AAU expenses? My guess is they have some kind of evidence of this with Wall and none with Kelly. I could be wrong but that is what I heard. But if Kelly had expenses paid I am sure it will come out and he will be suspended too if it comes to that.

#11 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

But isn't the reason Wall is under investigation is because of Clifton paying some of his AAU expenses? My guess is they have some kind of evidence of this with Wall and none with Kelly. I could be wrong but that is what I heard. But if Kelly had expenses paid I am sure it will come out and he will be suspended too if it comes to that.

I think the whole thing is silly and smells like a witch hunt to me.

And no, Clifton does not like Calipari, or vice versa.

#12 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

Wall had stuff paid for by Clifton and Ryan Kelly did not.

Ryan Kelly went to one of the most expensive private schools in North Carolina. I don't think his family was hurting for money while he played for D-One sports. Its a completely different situation.

Wall has been a eligibility nightmare since the summer of his junior year. That said, my feeling on the issue is that if Wall gets it all paid back then there will be nothing to suspend him for. He'll get the money some way or another so don't worry about it.

#13 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

Wall had stuff paid for by Clifton and Ryan Kelly did not.

Ryan Kelly went to one of the most expensive private schools in North Carolina. I don't think his family was hurting for money while he played for D-One sports. Its a completely different situation.

Wall has been a eligibility nightmare since the summer of his junior year. That said, my feeling on the issue is that if Wall gets it all paid back then there will be nothing to suspend him for. He'll get the money some way or another so don't worry about it.

Mowing lawns? Babysitting? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.