Photo
- - - - -

Cal Quote

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:32 PM

Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari said he "can't stand" the color orange. Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl said the road to the SEC championship goes through Knoxville -- again. It was obvious by the conclusion of the SEC Media Day on Thursday that rivalries between Tennessee and Kentucky as well as Pearl and Calipari are alive and well. As for the animosity between him and Pearl, Calipari said it stems from prior recruiting battles and competition. "He was trying to take over the state, and I wasn't going to let him," said Calipari. "I conceded the rest of the state other than Memphis."

This really doesn't have to do with anything I just thought it was interesting. Read the last sentence about Bruce Pearl and see if anything seems off to you?

#2 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

I think Calipari and Pearl get along fine. Coaches don't talk openly like that unless they have a decent relationship. When they hate each other, that's when they say "why don't you ask him" or something like that.

#3 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

My point is that he said that he wasn't going to let Pearl take over the state of Tennessee in recruiting and then right afterwards he said "I conceded everything except Memphis." Don't those two statements sound a little contradicting?

#4 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

My point is that he said that he wasn't going to let Pearl take over the state of Tennessee in recruiting and then right afterwards he said "I conceded everything except Memphis." Don't those two statements sound a little contradicting?

I guess. But Memphis has more talent than the rest of the state combined.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com