• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:47 PM

You explain either of those things to me and I will owe you a drink of your choice.

By the way, just got a call from the cops. They found the puppies and the guy. Puppies were in a pillow case under an overpass in a creek on the other side of town, 3 of the 6 were dead. He'll be spending a few weeks in jail on four counts of neglect and three counts of animal cruelty resulting in death. We'll probably have to testify. Which means I'm gonna have to see him and not break his neck.

Here's what you do. Call the newspaper. Call the local TV stations. Agree to be interviewed and talk about the disgust you felt when you saw him do it. A lot of people don't know how prevalent this crap is.

#17 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

Here's what you do. Call the newspaper. Call the local TV stations. Agree to be interviewed and talk about the disgust you felt when you saw him do it. A lot of people don't know how prevalent this crap is.

This is easily the thirtieth animal we've rescued this year that has been dropped off in our area. We've already spoken to a few news stations about how many animals get dumped around here and how helpless we feel about it and I even managed to get an opinion piece on the subject printed in a few of the smaller local newspapers.

Problem is, lots of animals getting dumped doesn't make a great headlne. As it stands, we're just ready and willing to do what we can. Past that, I can yell real loud but no one wants to listen.

#18 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:25 PM

This is easily the thirtieth animal we've rescued this year that has been dropped off in our area. We've already spoken to a few news stations about how many animals get dumped around here and how helpless we feel about it and I even managed to get an opinion piece on the subject printed in a few of the smaller local newspapers.

Problem is, lots of animals getting dumped doesn't make a great headlne. As it stands, we're just ready and willing to do what we can. Past that, I can yell real loud but no one wants to listen.

Would love to see the guy's picture in the paper.

#19 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

I'll do what I can.

#20 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

I'll do what I can.

If you can't do that, ask for volunteers to go around with his picture around town. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

#21 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

If you can't do that, ask for volunteers to go around with his picture around town. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Now there's an idea I hadn't thought of. Might give that a shot.

Hell, there's a woman in this neighborhood who puts photo copies of the mugshots of people arrested for molesting children in our area in everyone's mailbox. I might do the same with animal offenders. Not as grevious, I know, but still...

#22 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,264 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

(B) If any person shall maliciously torture, mutilate, maim, cruelly beat, disfigure, poison, or kill, or cause or procure to be tortured, mutilated, maimed, cruelly beaten, disfigured, poisoned, or killed, any animal, every such offender shall for every such offense be guilty of a Class I felony. However, nothing in this section shall be construed to increase the penalty for cockfighting provided for in G.S. 14-362.

© As used in this section, the words "torture", "torment", and "cruelly" include or refer to any act, omission, or neglect causing or permitting unjustifiable pain, suffering, or death

and now we have a felon. Great job.

Not to make light of this, but I could think of a million ways to off some puppies that wouldn't get me a felony.

This dirtbag is going to be a felon and a moron.

Is this in the CLT area?

#23 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

and now we have a felon. Great job.

Not to make light of this, but I could think of a million ways to off some puppies that wouldn't get me a felony.

This dirtbag is going to be a felon and a moron.

Is this in the CLT area?

No, up here in the triad. When the info makes its way to the interwebs, I'll post it all on here.

And lets face it, judging by his actions, he was a moron and a dirtbag long before he was a felon.

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

I just don't want to see him carry on like nothing ever happened to him once he gets out of jail. I want people to know what scum he is.

#25 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,264 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

I just don't want to see him carry on like nothing ever happened to him once he gets out of jail. I want people to know what scum he is.

Well that's a whole different argument!

#26 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

Well that's a whole different argument!

They say the one positive thing about Michael Vick is it brought dog fights out into the spotlight and now more people are ratting out the bastards.

#27 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,264 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

Yeah. I'm not sure how I feel about certain crimes needing to be added onto by the public. The guy is going to get a felony for killing puppies. The guy is pond scum but felonies were designed for pond scum.

If you think he isn't going to get enough punishment do it on the front end.

Having said that the same happens to pedophiles and i have a hard time defending any sentence against those guys no matter how severe.

Another thread i think...

#28 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

i'm with meat on this one..fug that guy in his face

#29 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

Two things I don't understand...

1. Those who treat animals this way
2. Those who shrug their shoulders about the first thing

*shrugs shoulders*

Just kidding :D

#30 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

I didn't know that was a crime...[well I mean...the part about the puppies being in the pillowcase was idiotic so obviously that's neglect...but besides the fact you say it was a fresh mother...to be honest I wouldn't have seen TOO much problem...Nevermind...I'm trying to picture this and I guess it would've been just as effective to go to a shelter but I don't know the process...so maybe they were too lazy I'M NOT JUSTIFYING THEM BY ANY MEANS JUST SO PEOPLE KNOW]

P.S.
Update us three weeks from now when he's out and still remembers your address...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com