Photo
- - - - -

Can a team with 18 players on IR ruin the Panthers season?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

Surely not, I mean cmon if the Panthers had lost the following players (these are the positions that the Saints lost to IR this year) do you think they would be 8-7 right now?

Deangelo Williams
J. Stewart
Julious Peppers
Kemoeatu
Chris Gamble
K. Lucas
Richard Marshall
Chris Harris
Thomas Davis
John Kasay
Donte Rasario

Kind of opens your eyes doesn't it? Saints are having an incredible year considering this and to think that they could ruin the Panthers season with a bunch of practice squad players is amazing. I am so proud of this team!

Whodat!

#2 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:54 AM

Proud of a team you traded half your draft away to get and will miss the playoffs for the second year in a row?

Whatever floats your car down Canal Street.

#3 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:00 AM

Surely not, I mean cmon if the Panthers had lost the following players (these are the positions that the Saints lost to IR this year) do you think they would be 8-7 right now?

Deangelo Williams
J. Stewart
Julious Peppers
Kemoeatu
Chris Gamble
K. Lucas
Richard Marshall
Chris Harris
Thomas Davis
John Kasay
Donte Rasario

Kind of opens your eyes doesn't it? Saints are having an incredible year considering this and to think that they could ruin the Panthers season with a bunch of practice squad players is amazing. I am so proud of this team!

Whodat!

You should be proud of being in last place. It's in the Saints genes.

#4 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

Proud of a team you traded half your draft away to get and will miss the playoffs for the second year in a row?

Whatever floats your car down Canal Street.

Uh you didn't respond to the post. Could you be 9-7 and lose the players I mentioned? Nah you know you couldn't. Enjoy that #1 draft pick next year!

#5 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:21 AM

Vilma was a good pickup. Too bad he'll probably be with the Falcons or Panthers next year.

How's it feel knowing you spent a high draft pick just to put a player out for a glorified tryout for the rest of the division?

#6 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:41 AM

Vilma was a good pickup. Too bad he'll probably be with the Falcons or Panthers next year.

How's it feel knowing you spent a high draft pick just to put a player out for a glorified tryout for the rest of the division?

Sorry to bust your bubble:

“I already told Mickey Loomis and already told Sean Payton that I want to be here,” Vilma said. “I told all the coaches I want to be here. They already know how I feel. Obviously, I don’t handle the money side. I actually told my agent (Mitch Frankel), I don’t even want to hear the money side of it. Hopefully my agent and Mickey will get it done so I can be here.”

http://www.sunherald...ry/1026116.html

#7 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

You know if he resigns you lose your 1st round pick, right?

#8 djshinodalp

djshinodalp

Huddle Curry King

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:50 AM

Dealing with hypothetical what if's is stupid. Your team sucked BAD this year. Accept it and stop whining.

/end discussion.

What will your excuse be next year when most of your players are healthy and your team sucks again?

#9 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:51 AM

and a pick for Jeremey (i sit out on 3rd down) Shockey

#10 omgwtf

omgwtf

DJ Lance Rock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

I wish your parents used birth control.

#11 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,536 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:24 PM

Can a team with 18 players on IR ruin the Panthers season?

No.

Also, new rule: whenever quoting a blackandgold10 post, change the username to wdk.

#12 Huffgolf30

Huffgolf30

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

They wouldn't ruin our season, we're in the playoffs regardless. I would just prefer us not having to play 50 million away games.

#13 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

You know if he resigns you lose your 1st round pick, right?

Wrong again Dboy... Geez do I have to spend my entire day correcting you?Saints send Jets a 3rd and receive a 4th from them. Not bad for getting one of the best LB's in the NFL:

Adam Schefter is reporting that the New Orleans Saints are not going to extend linebacker Jonathan Vilma's contract. This is an interesting move by the Saints as it appears that they could have a "good faith" deal in place with Vilma having him sign a free agent contract instead of the extension. Since Vilma will not receive an extension the Jets will receive the Saints 3rd round 2009 pick and will have to send their 4th round pick back.

#14 turdmustgoNOW

turdmustgoNOW

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:19 PM

We are going to hit the saints harder than Katrina. They won't know what's coming

#15 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:56 PM

We are going to hit the saints harder than Katrina. They won't know what's coming

Glad to see you stole that lame smack from jackasses like this. I bet you're real similiar too, some sad fatass who lives through his NFL team.

Posted Image

(It's ironic that the fatass in that pic is holding a sandwich board)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.