http://sports.espn.g...ce=NCFHeadlines

Extended through 2015.

#2 Old School80

Old School80

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

Good, I think he did a great job this year at Duke. I have been going to Games now for years, and I can tell you if Duke had'nt fired Roof when they did we would have only won 2-Games all year. I was at the James Madison game, the Virginia game, and the NC State game. Those guys played their guts out all year long. 4-wins was great, although if we had beat Wake Forest in OT, and did'nt have a TD called back against Northwestern we would've been Bowl Eligible. But; these things take time, espially at Duke!

#3 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

Dook is a long way away from being good in football...It will take a big time talent infusion over time to get them decent. Football aint like hoops; sign a couple blue-chippers and you're a contender...no such luck in football.

#4 Old School80

Old School80

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

That is true, but we were compeitive this year. Compared to being blown out year after year as we have been the last 14 years. 4-8 is decent, I believe Roof has got some good players coming in, but it will still take time!

#5 Old School80

Old School80

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

I meant to say 4-8 is decent for us, not anyone else. considering we were 0-12 in 2006, and 1-11 in 2007. Big improvement!

#6 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

Dook is a long way away from being good in football...It will take a big time talent infusion over time to get them decent. Football aint like hoops; sign a couple blue-chippers and you're a contender...no such luck in football.

Funny, I didnt see anywhere in my post where I was talking about how good Duke was in football. Yes, we all realize it takes time to build a football program and it doesnt take long for one to come crumbling down either (see Mack Brown). Carolina is ahead of Duke right now, but Cut is different from the recent coaches Duke has had, the chances of Duke becoming a contender in the ACC have greatly improved with Cut at the helm.

#7 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

Its good to see someone wants to stick around and try to make this work. When the Vols fired their coach i felt for sure he was gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.