Photo
- - - - -

IF Gmen will GET to NFCCG at all - they WON't Beat us Twice!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 catz

catz

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:36 AM

I have serious doubts that they can make it to the championship game but IF they do, the Panthers do VERY well the 2nd time around on opponents!! Who thinks the giants will make it???

#2 djshinodalp

djshinodalp

Huddle Curry King

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

Someone mentioned this prior to the game yesterday night, but the whole Giants-Panthers game reminded of the Patriots-Giants match prior to the playoffs last year... was playing in my head all night.

We should win when it counts most. :D

#3 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:02 PM

Ill take this loss over an NFCCG loss anyday.

#4 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:06 PM

The Panthers (in their History) are 4-0 against the NFCE in the Playoffs... 2 on the road, and 2 at home.

and 3 times in the last 2 playoff trips the Panthers have had "rematches" (Philly, Dallas and Chicago) and won those rematches that the lost in the regular season.

Keep it in perspective... none of them were the same team we have now. (then again, I think this team is better than the previous 2 playoff teams)

#5 Blade

Blade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

Stop getting ahead of yourself. We aren't guaranteed a spot in the conference championship game. C'mon now.

The main focus should be beating the Saints right now, which isn't going to be easy.

#6 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:13 PM

If I recall correctly, Carolina was undefeated at the Giants in December before last night, too. That didn't exactly work out well for us.

Historical records provide nice security blankets, but we can't keep looking at the past to justify future success. All we're guaranteed right now is 11 regular season wins, and the team realizes this. They've got to step it up if they want to make an impact in the playoffs this year.

1. We're not guaranteed a win in a 2nd confrontation against the Giants.
2. We're not even guaranteed a spot in the NFC Championship game (of course, the Giants aren't, either).

I agree with Blade. Put all your heart and energy into New Orleans now. Worry about the playoffs later.

#7 Foxmustgo

Foxmustgo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:19 PM

we better win next week

if we get the #5 seed, then we have to play Arz, another good team like the Cowboys and THEN the giants

#8 Blade

Blade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:22 PM

we better win next week

if we get the #5 seed, then we have to play Arz, another good team like the Cowboys and THEN the giants

I would have no issues playing Arizona. We wouldn't play the Cowboys because they would be sixth seed. They would likely play the Giants IF they can get past the first round.

I would LOVE to play the Cowboys in the conference title game, because it would be at home by virtue of us being a higher seed.

#9 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,897 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:26 PM

Mentioned it before, but worth noting...

For whatever you think of his in-game adjustments, John Fox has always been very solid in game-to-game adjustments. Teams that beat us once in a season don't generally beat us twice.

That could come into play again.

(and I certainly hope it does)

#10 jdl

jdl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:54 PM

I have serious doubts that they can make it to the championship game but IF they do, the Panthers do VERY well the 2nd time around on opponents!! Who thinks the giants will make it???

coming off a 2 week slide to division rivals, beating the hottest team in the NFL, having the best record in the NFC, and you doubt they will make it to the championship game?

#11 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

I don't really mind our road to the Super Bowl as the five seed. I'm not saying that I would prefer needing three straight road wins over one home win and home/road game in the NFCCG, but I like the trip with the 5 seed.

If we're the 5...

Round 1 - Arizona (a team that is falling apart)
Round 2 - Giants (a team that we would like revenge on)
Round 3 - Winners of the other bracket.

If we're the 2...

Round 1 - Bye
Round 2 - Most likely the winner of a Dallas/Minnesota game.
Round 3 - Other half of the bracket.

#12 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:48 PM

Fox learns from his mistakes

#13 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:00 PM

I don't really mind our road to the Super Bowl as the five seed. I'm not saying that I would prefer needing three straight road wins over one home win and home/road game in the NFCCG, but I like the trip with the 5 seed.

If we're the 5...

Round 1 - Arizona (a team that is falling apart)
Round 2 - Giants (a team that we would like revenge on)
Round 3 - Winners of the other bracket.

If we're the 2...

Round 1 - Bye
Round 2 - Most likely the winner of a Dallas/Minnesota game.
Round 3 - Other half of the bracket.

If the 6 seed beats the 3 seed, the 6 goes to the 1. If the 3 seed wins, they go to the 2. If the 6 seed (Dallas in this case) wins, they go to NY, and we would get the winner of the Cardinals/Falcons game.

#14 catz

catz

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

coming off a 2 week slide to division rivals, beating the hottest team in the NFL, having the best record in the NFC, and you doubt they will make it to the championship game?

Even so, I just do not think they are that dominant of a team. (not to mention the opponents they lost to!) Having Kemo back and (maybe, hopefully) throwing the ball a little more will be a much different game. If (and a big iff knowing our history going to NO late in Dec) we can beat NO this Sunday, that I believe (may) set up ATL to be in their bracket and I think they have the mo to beat the giants too. Would I like to face the giants or falcons in the playoffs ??? giants!

#15 jdl

jdl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

Even so, I just do not think they are that dominant of a team. (not to mention the opponents they lost to!) Having Kemo back and (maybe, hopefully) throwing the ball a little more will be a much different game. If (and a big iff knowing our history going to NO late in Dec) we can beat NO this Sunday, that I believe (may) set up ATL to be in their bracket and I think they have the mo to beat the giants too. Would I like to face the giants or falcons in the playoffs ??? giants!

you are correct. They are not dominant of a team. They are a team that plays each week to win. They have no flash in the offense. They are a ball control team that will keep any team they play in the game. Yes the browns loss was horrible, but losing to the eagles and dallas is expected. They are a team that knows how to play in the big games and overcome issues (like mr. shoot himself in the leg). The NFC east is brutal.

Kemo may have helped, but he can get tired very easy and may have been useless in the 2nd half anyway.

hopefully we see this great match up again. Either team would be a great rep for the NFC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.