Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IF Gmen will GET to NFCCG at all - they WON't Beat us Twice!

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have serious doubts that they can make it to the championship game but IF they do, the Panthers do VERY well the 2nd time around on opponents!! Who thinks the giants will make it???

Posted · Report post

Someone mentioned this prior to the game yesterday night, but the whole Giants-Panthers game reminded of the Patriots-Giants match prior to the playoffs last year... was playing in my head all night.

We should win when it counts most. :D

Posted · Report post

Ill take this loss over an NFCCG loss anyday.

Posted · Report post

The Panthers (in their History) are 4-0 against the NFCE in the Playoffs... 2 on the road, and 2 at home.

and 3 times in the last 2 playoff trips the Panthers have had "rematches" (Philly, Dallas and Chicago) and won those rematches that the lost in the regular season.

Keep it in perspective... none of them were the same team we have now. (then again, I think this team is better than the previous 2 playoff teams)

Posted · Report post

Stop getting ahead of yourself. We aren't guaranteed a spot in the conference championship game. C'mon now.

The main focus should be beating the Saints right now, which isn't going to be easy.

Posted · Report post

If I recall correctly, Carolina was undefeated at the Giants in December before last night, too. That didn't exactly work out well for us.

Historical records provide nice security blankets, but we can't keep looking at the past to justify future success. All we're guaranteed right now is 11 regular season wins, and the team realizes this. They've got to step it up if they want to make an impact in the playoffs this year.

1. We're not guaranteed a win in a 2nd confrontation against the Giants.

2. We're not even guaranteed a spot in the NFC Championship game (of course, the Giants aren't, either).

I agree with Blade. Put all your heart and energy into New Orleans now. Worry about the playoffs later.

Posted · Report post

we better win next week

if we get the #5 seed, then we have to play Arz, another good team like the Cowboys and THEN the giants

Posted · Report post

we better win next week

if we get the #5 seed, then we have to play Arz, another good team like the Cowboys and THEN the giants

I would have no issues playing Arizona. We wouldn't play the Cowboys because they would be sixth seed. They would likely play the Giants IF they can get past the first round.

I would LOVE to play the Cowboys in the conference title game, because it would be at home by virtue of us being a higher seed.

Posted · Report post

Mentioned it before, but worth noting...

For whatever you think of his in-game adjustments, John Fox has always been very solid in game-to-game adjustments. Teams that beat us once in a season don't generally beat us twice.

That could come into play again.

(and I certainly hope it does)

Posted · Report post

I have serious doubts that they can make it to the championship game but IF they do, the Panthers do VERY well the 2nd time around on opponents!! Who thinks the giants will make it???

coming off a 2 week slide to division rivals, beating the hottest team in the NFL, having the best record in the NFC, and you doubt they will make it to the championship game?

Posted · Report post

I don't really mind our road to the Super Bowl as the five seed. I'm not saying that I would prefer needing three straight road wins over one home win and home/road game in the NFCCG, but I like the trip with the 5 seed.

If we're the 5...

Round 1 - Arizona (a team that is falling apart)

Round 2 - Giants (a team that we would like revenge on)

Round 3 - Winners of the other bracket.

If we're the 2...

Round 1 - Bye

Round 2 - Most likely the winner of a Dallas/Minnesota game.

Round 3 - Other half of the bracket.

Posted · Report post

Fox learns from his mistakes