Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IF Gmen will GET to NFCCG at all - they WON't Beat us Twice!

21 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't really mind our road to the Super Bowl as the five seed. I'm not saying that I would prefer needing three straight road wins over one home win and home/road game in the NFCCG, but I like the trip with the 5 seed.

If we're the 5...

Round 1 - Arizona (a team that is falling apart)

Round 2 - Giants (a team that we would like revenge on)

Round 3 - Winners of the other bracket.

If we're the 2...

Round 1 - Bye

Round 2 - Most likely the winner of a Dallas/Minnesota game.

Round 3 - Other half of the bracket.

If the 6 seed beats the 3 seed, the 6 goes to the 1. If the 3 seed wins, they go to the 2. If the 6 seed (Dallas in this case) wins, they go to NY, and we would get the winner of the Cardinals/Falcons game.

Posted

coming off a 2 week slide to division rivals, beating the hottest team in the NFL, having the best record in the NFC, and you doubt they will make it to the championship game?

Even so, I just do not think they are that dominant of a team. (not to mention the opponents they lost to!) Having Kemo back and (maybe, hopefully) throwing the ball a little more will be a much different game. If (and a big iff knowing our history going to NO late in Dec) we can beat NO this Sunday, that I believe (may) set up ATL to be in their bracket and I think they have the mo to beat the giants too. Would I like to face the giants or falcons in the playoffs ??? giants!

Posted

Even so, I just do not think they are that dominant of a team. (not to mention the opponents they lost to!) Having Kemo back and (maybe, hopefully) throwing the ball a little more will be a much different game. If (and a big iff knowing our history going to NO late in Dec) we can beat NO this Sunday, that I believe (may) set up ATL to be in their bracket and I think they have the mo to beat the giants too. Would I like to face the giants or falcons in the playoffs ??? giants!

you are correct. They are not dominant of a team. They are a team that plays each week to win. They have no flash in the offense. They are a ball control team that will keep any team they play in the game. Yes the browns loss was horrible, but losing to the eagles and dallas is expected. They are a team that knows how to play in the big games and overcome issues (like mr. shoot himself in the leg). The NFC east is brutal.

Kemo may have helped, but he can get tired very easy and may have been useless in the 2nd half anyway.

hopefully we see this great match up again. Either team would be a great rep for the NFC.

Posted

wow what makes you think just because history shows we have beaten a team that has beaten us in the regular season,that the giants will allow it to happen?

Posted

who the fug is to say we are automatically in the NFC championship? Did we get an automatic bid there? What the fug?

Posted

We've definitely got to focus on the road ahead and not on a potential matchup a few weeks away.

That being said, it definitely is difficult to beat a good team twice in the same season. Look at the NFC South and AFC East this year, no one's swept a series in our division (we hope to be the only ones vs. NO on Sunday) and the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats will all split their series against each other if the Dolphins beat NYJ on Sunday and win the division. I think we're in a good position. We control our destiny in getting the #2 seed and a first round bye. Then we can take care of business in the divisionals and either have another home game or go to the Meadowlands for a rematch.

Posted

who the f*ck is to say we are automatically in the NFC championship? Did we get an automatic bid there? What the f*ck?

well we ARE 3/3 on getting there in the post season:o

Posted

im sure there will be a "revenge" factor. but, you will be in our house, again. and we did it once, we CAN do it again, not saying we WILL. but we CAN. good luck and have a good game wih good sportsmanship if we see you there. im sure it will be another nail biter

Posted

finally a carolina fan who has some sense, thanks jdl