94 replies to this topic

#61 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:49 AM

Not liking sports makes you a homo in my book. And soccer is a sport.

#62 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

How is either of Roberto Carlos' goals not #1?

This is by far the greatest goal i have ever seen in my entire life and should be in everyone else's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

#63 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:05 AM

His free kick is unbelievable though.

Edited by tarheelblue89, 29 October 2009 - 11:08 AM.

#64 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

Nah, his free kick is unbelievable.

What!!! Its a free kick! Ive seen Beckham and Ronaldhino score better free kicks. He chase's that ball down and kicks it as its going out of bounds. That goal is insane.

#65 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, for my money, that's the greatest goal of all time as far as skill. Most important? Maybe Beckham's 93rd minute goal against Greece for the 2002 WC qualifier.

And other than the ghey music and grainy video quality, this compilation has some pretty amazing goals as well.

#66 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:35 AM

Greatest Soccer moment of my life, I ran around and outside my house three times.

This is right after Lescott tied it up.

#67 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:20 PM

To try and make it bigger than it is-is just ignorant.

soccer=blows

you mean like some people do for Halloween? So because you don't like it means it sucks?

Let me throw this out there...and I am sure this will be something many will just love to hear....

one big reason why soccer is not as accepted in the USA is that there are many many nations in the world that are far superior at the game. In my opinion, Americans generally want to be the best at anything and everything, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when they can't be, well then it sucks, or it blows, or whatever else you wanna say about it. Same reason why there is a general lack of passion about most sports in Canada, other than hockey.

Thoughts?

#68 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,586 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

Elite american athletes would get good at soccer real quick if there was big money in it like there is in NFL, NBA and MLB...

And I'm sure that there is big money in Europe in Soccer, but it's not as visible here as the other sports...

#69 jdl

jdl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:25 PM

I forced my son to play soccer for one reason....soccer MILFS :drool5:

#70 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

Elite american athletes would get good at soccer real quick if there was big money in it like there is in NFL, NBA and MLB...

And I'm sure that there is big money in Europe in Soccer, but it's not as visible here as the other sports...

I dare say the elite soccer players are paid equally or maybe more than the elite football/baseball players...but thats just a guess.

#71 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

I dare say the elite soccer players are paid equally or maybe more than the elite football/baseball players...but thats just a guess.

They rack it up in endorsements. There jersey's and stuff get bought by the world not just the U.S. Didn't Beckham get like 250 million from the Galaxy or something?

#72 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,586 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

True, and I said that... but not here in America they aren't...

My point was that here there's more incentive to play football and basketball particularly than anything else...

#73 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,477 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

Good players in the EPL start at about £100,000 per week. Some get as much as £300,000.

#74 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,237 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, for my money, that's the greatest goal of all time as far as skill. Most important? Maybe Beckham's 93rd minute goal against Greece for the 2002 WC qualifier.

And other than the ghey music and grainy video quality, this compilation has some pretty amazing goals as well.

That Berkamp goal just put you on perpetual rep.
I saw that goal live and will never forget it.

#75 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,237 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:41 PM

Your post doesn't make any sense to what we're saying. Every game is still as long as must sporting events, 3 to 4 hours. And every sport has its own kind of farm league. NBA dleague,NFL practice squad, Soccer MLS haha. Its the 162 games! Really, do you watch all 162 games? And are just as excited about those 162 games as you're about the playoffs?

First off...go to Rite Aid and buy some lavender oil and put some in a hot bath. Very relaxing...

The length of the game I'm not talking about. The season. I thought some guys were crying about how long the season is.
D-Leage and Practice squad compared to a FARM system? Really? Multiple cities, A, AA, AAA etc. Not to mention Winter Ball in Central America.

The playoffs are always more exciting because the stakes are higher. How is that even up for debate?

But soccer is the topic and I love the game. I have played and coached and hope to continue to do both.
It's an aquired taste and I'm glad I have that taste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.