Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Possible move to the Charlotte area

33 posts in this topic

There are houses in and around my hood. Best hood in the QC

If you move to matthews mint hill or ballentyne be prepared to be bored out of your mind and not know any of your neighbors...
stepford-wives_l.jpg

stepford-wives_l.jpg

I'd hit 'em all. Right there on top of the deli meats....

I am looking at a possible work transfer from Ohio to Charlotte. So I figured I'd enlist your help about where to look for a place to live with good schools. Thanks.

Tega Cay, SC. Best place to live hands down if you have kids and want good schools. 10 minutes from Charlotte. Lower taxes than Meck County. Lake access. Plus, we throw great parties.

Eastover. Best houses. Best schools.

Indeed, but also highest home prices in Charlotte. I know a couple years ago the median income for Eastover was over 200,000 a year.

It really just depends what you are looking for. If you have kids, don't mind living in a boring neighborhood with no character, and don't go out much, any of the suburban neighborhoods will suit you just fine. There are nice ones in South Charlotte and all around the 485 beltway. If that's not your style, I'd recommend Dilworth, Eastover, Elizabeth, Plaza-Midwood, North Davidson, Wesley Heights, Wilmore, Myers Park, South End, 4th Ward, 1st Ward, or Cotswald. These areas are your older neighborhoods closer in to the city with a little more to do and more unique restaurants and shops.

I am looking at a possible work transfer from Ohio to Charlotte. So I figured I'd enlist your help about where to look for a place to live with good schools. Thanks.

No one has asked where you will be working. What part of town?

Indeed, but also highest home prices in Charlotte. I know a couple years ago the median income for Eastover was over 200,000 a year.

It really just depends what you are looking for. If you have kids, don't mind living in a boring neighborhood with no character, and don't go out much, any of the suburban neighborhoods will suit you just fine. There are nice ones in South Charlotte and all around the 485 beltway. If that's not your style, I'd recommend Dilworth, Eastover, Elizabeth, Plaza-Midwood, North Davidson, Wesley Heights, Wilmore, Myers Park, South End, 4th Ward, 1st Ward, or Cotswald. These areas are your older neighborhoods closer in to the city with a little more to do and more unique restaurants and shops.

This is true for the most part. I don't like Ballantyne very much because the homes, even the ones in the $200k are cookie cutter with no trees. Can't stand that. Ballyantyne is a recently developed area so you wont get any character at all.

I'm biased but I recommend Mint Hill. Its right off 485. There are some older homes in the area with nice yards and lots of trees in all price ranges. You will get more for you money but you will also be about 5-10 mins further away from movie theaters and malls. Even some of the newer neighborhoods have trees and larger 1/2 acre lots.

Any of the neighborhoods Tensor mentioned you will likely be paying a poo load of money for an old smaller sized house.

Mint Hill has Independence HIgh School....might as well home school you kids or send them to Juvi for school