• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:17 PM

Take away 2 games where the Panthers were playing teams that were resting their starters, in the last three years the Panthers are 0-11 in their last 11 road games against teams that finish the year above .500

I never would have guessed this and makes you realize how important the home field would have been.

#2 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:22 PM

The Saints are also 0-7 on the road against winning teams over the past two years.

#3 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:25 PM

I'm sure you can get a lot of "stunning stats" by "take this away", "don't consider this" or "ok well besides this".

#4 Cass4Carolina

Cass4Carolina

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:32 PM

I'm sure you can get a lot of "stunning stats" by "take this away", "don't consider this" or "ok well besides this".

LOL. That reminds me of the "statistics" announcers give out during a lull in the game. "The Panthers have never won on the road when Jake Delhomme ties his left shoe before his right shoe in a double knot...with black shoe strings." I always find them annoying and so pointless, lol. Just let them play football

#5 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

The Saints are also 0-7 on the road against winning teams over the past two years.

Which is why they have not made the playoffs the last 2 years. Now if you go back a third year you will see that the Saints were quite successful against good teams on the road which is why the made it to the NFC championship game that year. The point is if you can't beat good teams on the road you probably won't make the playoffs and you won't go very far if you do.

#6 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,640 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

Wow, thats terrible. I sure am glad we are playing a team that will finish at 500 this year.

#7 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:39 PM

Take away 2 games where the Panthers were playing teams that were resting their starters, in the last three years the Panthers are 0-11 in their last 11 road games against teams that finish the year above .500

I never would have guessed this and makes you realize how important the home field would have been.

Yeah, and the Panthers are 4-2 on the road in the playoffs. Both losses coming in the NFCCG. How's that stack-up against yall's play-off road history? Blow me! :D

#8 CarolinaKid704

CarolinaKid704

C***

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:41 PM

So both team are terrible on the road verse winning opponents. Yet, the Panthers are still in the playoffs and the Saints....doh! I just pray we get #2 seed.

#9 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,640 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

And just who have the Saints beat on the road?

Detroit and Kansas city.

And another stat for you. The only two teams in the NFC who have never been to a Superbowl are?

#10 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,864 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:44 PM

And just who have the Saints beat on the road?

Detroit and Kansas city.

And another stat for you. The only two teams in the NFC who have never been to a Superbowl are?

My favorite stat is who is and who isn't in the playoffs this year. :sifone:

#11 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

Your right.......that is a stunning stat.......in the fact that its retarded.

#12 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,235 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

Which is why they have not made the playoffs the last 2 years. Now if you go back a third year you will see that the Saints were quite successful against good teams on the road which is why the made it to the NFC championship game that year. The point is if you can't beat good teams on the road you probably won't make the playoffs and you won't go very far if you do.

And if you go back one year further, we beat two teams on the road to make the NFC Championship. You got your playoff win in 2006 at home and then you went to up Chicago and got smacked around by Rex Grossman and the Bears. Something we didn't have any trouble with the previous year :D

#13 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

We win on the road in the playoffs so that's what matters. No point harping on statistics which are largely irrelevant if we're already going to the playoffs.

#14 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:58 PM

Here are a few more stats that I found interesting.

4-1 That's the Panthers record against the Saints over the last 3 years

13 That's the number of teams out of 32 that the Panthers have an overall winning record against, one of which is, you guessed it, the Saints.

30 -7 'Nuff said.

23-0 The score of the PLAYOFF game that the Panthers won at the meadowlands.

4-2 The Panthers record in road PLAYOFF games. (I see why you put focus on home PLAYOFF games though since the Saints are 0-3 on the road.)

I must say you got some nuggets being the fan of an 8-7 team coming here trying to run crap on an 11-4 team. You don't have a lot for brains but I'll give you credit for the nuggets.

PS: I capitalized and underlined PLAYOFFS for you. You won't see the term applied to the Saints. I even linked an explaination for you. Here's some more just for you.

Edited by Sandy Claws, 22 December 2008 - 04:04 PM.

#15 PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme

The Greatest!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:01 PM

stats are for fags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com