Photo
- - - - -

Stunning Stat

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#31 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

18 players on IR, lost 5 games by 5 points or less and 3 of those by 3 points or less. Kind of makes you rethink how good the Saints are doesn't it?

They lost to the Panthers by 23. There weren't 18 players on the IR on that game. How many more excuses do you have in your bag of poo?

#32 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

Any given week guys. If they come out pumped and ready to play on Sunday against the Saints, then the second seed will be ours.

All there is too it.

#33 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:02 PM

They lost to the Panthers by 23. There weren't 18 players on the IR on that game. How many more excuses do you have in your bag of sh*t?

Yea I think it was only 11 at the time.

#34 runrunpass

runrunpass

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:03 PM

Yea I think it was only 11 at the time.

Which key players were the Saints missing for that game?

#35 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

Here's some more stats:

Carolina: 11-4
New Orleans: 8-7

I guess Carolina's the better team by your standards, considering how important stats are to giving the full picture. Thanks for cheering us on!

#36 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

Here's some more stats:

Carolina: 11-4
New Orleans: 8-7

I guess Carolina's the better team by your standards, considering how important stats are to giving the full picture. Thanks for cheering us on!

Yea with 18 players on IR for the Saints I would say the Panthers are the better team. I guess we will really find out Sunday. What an iconic loss it would be if the Panthers lost to a team destroyed by injuries

#37 runrunpass

runrunpass

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:24 PM

Yea with 18 players on IR for the Saints I would say the Panthers are the better team. I guess we will really find out Sunday. What an iconic loss it would be if the Panthers lost to a team destroyed by injuries

How come you ignore my post asking what key players the Saints were missing?

#38 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

18 players on IR, lost 5 games by 5 points or less and 3 of those by 3 points or less. Kind of makes you rethink how good the Saints are doesn't it?

Is that 2 or 3 starters on IR? Keep in mind a starter for the Saints is a good backup on a real team. As far as the number of points you lost by, the bottom line is yo gave up too many points or didn't score enough. Either way , you still are a loser.

#39 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:41 PM

Yea and the Chiefs won the Super Bowl over 30 years ago which means nothing now. Look at teams and what they have done the last 3 years and then you can talk.

How is what a team did last year or the year before any more meaningful than what a team did 30 years ago? How about we talk about the only year that matters now? This year.. Got your tee times set up for January?

#40 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

Is that 2 or 3 starters on IR? Keep in mind a starter for the Saints is a good backup on a real team. As far as the number of points you lost by, the bottom line is yo gave up too many points or didn't score enough. Either way , you still are a loser.

9 starters on IR for the Saints so I guess that blows your theory up.

#41 runrunpass

runrunpass

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:52 PM

9 starters on IR for the Saints so I guess that blows your theory up.

Name the 9 starters.

#42 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

Yea and the Chiefs won the Super Bowl over 30 years ago which means nothing now. Look at teams and what they have done the last 3 years and then you can talk.

Yeah, we only made it to the NFC Championship in ancient history....four years ago. You can't compare that to THREE years ago, which is obviously the cut off point for talking about current relevance.

Using the IR argument is lame. It annoyed me when our fans did it when we lost Jake last year. It annoyed me when we lost just as many as you did in 2004, and it annoys me when people like you do it now.

The team you have is the team you have. Sure, you can say that it helped to contribute to your failures this season, but it's no reason to discount what ANOTHER team has done. The Panthers are 11-4 and already in the playoffs, the Saints aren't. That's just the way it is.

You know, for a team that has been so bad for so long, the Saints have some of the most cocky fans ever. Usually that type of cockiness is reserved for teams that actually have something to show for themselves.

#43 bigdog_10_2002

bigdog_10_2002

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

Take away 2 games where the Panthers were playing teams that were resting their starters, in the last three years the Panthers are 0-11 in their last 11 road games against teams that finish the year above .500

I never would have guessed this and makes you realize how important the home field would have been.

unfortunately for you, all you have to do now is look up useless stats. Your team has one more game and then its on to draft talk, and "what free agent can we pick up that will immediately make us superbowl contenders next year"

enjoy the offseason buddy....

p.s. tell Sean Payton to tune into Fox this offseason and get a good luck at the team that will be handing his tail to him for the next 3-5 years

#44 bigdog_10_2002

bigdog_10_2002

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

*look

#45 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

Figures don't lie............ but liars figure. Have a nice off season.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com