Photo
- - - - -

Stunning Stat

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#46 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,512 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:02 PM

Yea and the Chiefs won the Super Bowl over 30 years ago which means nothing now. Look at teams and what they have done the last 3 years and then you can talk.

why is three years the benchmark?

#47 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

Best thing to do when you enter an debate with a weak argument? Try and establish limits to the argument that only work to your favor.

Team X is making the playoffs like 2 out of ever 3 years! IF YOU ONLY LOOK AT THE PAST 3 YEARS.

#48 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:13 PM

why is three years the benchmark?

Ok use whatever bench mark you like. Lets go by the most important fact:
Of the two teams (Saints/Panthers) which one won the NFC South?
Of the two teams (Saints/Panthers) which one last won a playoff game?

The league is about winning and what have you done for me lately. Who cares if you make it to the playoffs as a wild card and then lose. As far as I can tell it has been 3 years since the Panthers won anything and since then the Saints have been the more successful team. I would rather go 9-7 and not make the playoffs then go 11-5, not win the division and then lose your first playoff game. That only gives you a lower draft pick and nothing to show for it.

#49 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

Name the 9 starters.

RB Reggie Bush
TE Mark Campbell
DE Charles Grant
DT Brian Young
ILB Mark Simoneau
CB Mike McKenzie
CB Tracy Porter
S Kevin Kaesviharn
K Martin Gramatica

Other significant on IR
RB Aaron Stecker 2nd string RB
Aaron Glenn nickel back

Other significant injuries
Sedrick Ellis Starting Nose tackle missed 4 games
Hollis Thomas DT missed 9 games
Jeramie Shockie: Missed 8 games
Roman Harper (Starter missed 4 games)
Marcus Colsten (Starter missed 6 games)

I could go on and on

#50 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

lol, Jeramie Shockie? Marcus Colsten? You really know your team well don't you?

PS of those players out for the year.....MAYBE Mike Mckenzie would be a starter on the Panthers. And I repeat MAYBE. The rest would be on our bench.

#51 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:28 PM

The league is about winning and what have you done for me lately. Who cares if you make it to the playoffs as a wild card and then lose. As far as I can tell it has been 3 years since the Panthers won anything and since then the Saints have been the more successful team. I would rather go 9-7 and not make the playoffs then go 11-5, not win the division and then lose your first playoff game. That only gives you a lower draft pick and nothing to show for it.

How about which team whipped the other one's ass 30-7, and which one at WORST would finish as the #5 seed in the playoffs and not in last in the division? And who cares what the number is of the draft pick if your personnel selection sucks ass? How many high picks have the Lions and Raiders had recently that have flopped? How has that Robert Meachem pick worked out for you? What about Reggie Bush at #2 with all of the other better running backs available?

Edited by X-Clown, 23 December 2008 - 03:35 PM.

#52 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

18 players on IR, lost 5 games by 5 points or less and 3 of those by 3 points or less. Kind of makes you rethink how good the Saints are doesn't it?

Nope, just how bad they are and the pitiful excuse of a coach they have. He is a nerd, not someone who is strong and physical. The little weasel that stays home all day and draws up complicated passing plays but knows very little of a physical team. How many 3rd or 4th and ones have they failed to convert on this year? Tell me that stat nerdboy.

#53 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

Hmm... That's funny... So... what HAVE your Saints done lately?

#54 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

Injuries! We've got 18 of our players on IR including 9 starters with such awesome all-pro players like Mark Campbell, Kevin Karkajklsjdlasjljian, and Martin Gramatica.

This is the canned response that you're going to get.

#55 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:51 PM

RB Reggie Bush NOT A STARTER
TE Mark Campbell NOT A STARTER
DE Charles Grant
DT Brian Young NOT A STARTER
ILB Mark Simoneau NOT A STARTER
CB Mike McKenzie NOT A STARTER
CB Tracy Porter
S Kevin Kaesviharn
K Martin Gramatica lol @ kICKER

Other significant on IR
RB Aaron Stecker 2nd string RB
Aaron Glenn nickel back

Other significant injuries
Sedrick Ellis Starting Nose tackle missed 4 games
Hollis Thomas DT missed 9 games
Jeramie Shockie: Missed 8 games
Roman Harper (Starter missed 4 games)
Marcus Colsten (Starter missed 6 games)

I could lie and exagerate on and on

and you probably will. 8-8 is about to happen.

#56 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

and you probably will. 8-8 is about to happen.

Are you on drugs? Everyone of these guys were starters. You think the Saints are not going to start the most dynamic back in the league? Dude was leading the league in yfs and TD's when he got hurt. How stupid can you be.

DE Charles Grant
CB Tracy Porter
S Kevin Kaesviharn

#57 blackandgold10

blackandgold10

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

How about which team whipped the other one's ass 30-7, and which one at WORST would finish as the #5 seed in the playoffs and not in last in the division? And who cares what the number is of the draft pick if your personnel selection sucks ass? How many high picks have the Lions and Raiders had recently that have flopped? How has that Robert Meachem pick worked out for you? What about Reggie Bush at #2 with all of the other better running backs available?

You probably shouldn't go there. Meachem has 4 chatches for over 20 yards and 2 TD's. How does that compare to your boy Jarrett? Nice pick there! Bush was leading the league in TD's and yards from scrimmage and he was the number one punt returner in the league when he got hurt. No doubt anyone that has those kind of stats is worthy of the #2 pick. Sorry to bust your bubble but you might want to go play with someone a little less qualified.

#58 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

Are you on drugs? Everyone of these guys were starters. You think the Saints are not going to start the most dynamic back in the league? Dude was leading the league in yfs and TD's when he got hurt. How stupid can you be.

DE Charles Grant
CB Tracy Porter
S Kevin Kaesviharn

I'm not stupid enough so that I can't see through your lies. Bush only started because Deuce wasn't ready. Quality wise, he'll also be behind Pierre now but might start as a slot receiver.

Colston missed 5 games not the 6 that you claim, but he is the one you were closest to truth about with Hollis missing 8. Shockey missed only 3, Harper only 1, Kaesviharn was starting for the first 11 games (you were 6-5). Take a pick Porter or McKenzie, only one was starting across from Gay. All the others on your list are crap castoffs from other teams that you decided to pay.

BTW . When was Simoneau ever going to start over Vilma?

Oh and you missed Morgan. You really need to add him to your list!!

Edited by Sandy Claws, 23 December 2008 - 06:46 PM.

#59 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

You should stop reliving your fluke playoff run from two years ago, it won't do you any good now.

We're the better team right now, we're the more complete team right now, we have the better coach, and we have a balanced offense. You can't expect to win just by having Brees throw it 39.1 times per game. Deal with it bitch.

Your team will be decent when you get a defense.

#60 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

You probably shouldn't go there. Meachem has 4 chatches for over 20 yards and 2 TD's. How does that compare to your boy Jarrett? Nice pick there! Bush was leading the league in TD's and yards from scrimmage and he was the number one punt returner in the league when he got hurt. No doubt anyone that has those kind of stats is worthy of the #2 pick. Sorry to bust your bubble but you might want to go play with someone a little less qualified.

Way to ignore the rest of my post. What response do you have for it? You're much better "qualified" to post weak arguments and stupid stats while you continue to prove that you know absolutely nothing about football. I'll try again to educate you. Take notes if you need to.

Jarrett was our 2nd round pick, not our first. I'd say we did a little bit better than you did in the first round when we got Jon Beason (and traded down to get him no less, used that extra pick to get Ryan Kalil who is one of the top 10 centers in the league in just his 2nd year). You will see Beason in the Pro Bowl at the end of the season. Is there anyone from that draft who even plays for you guys?

Any other Saints fan would rather not have Reggie Bush over Deangelo Williams, especially at 5 times the salary. Considering that Bush can't stay on the field. How good are his stats now? Is he leading the league in touchdowns? Oh that's right, Deangelo is. Does he have over 1300 yards rushing....no, he only has 400. Surely he has less fumbles than Deangelo with less carries right? Oh, he has 3 fumbles and Deangelo has zero. The Saints are terrible when they play without Bush right? He's got to be the reason they missed the playoffs. Oh wait, they're 4-1 in games that he didn't play in.

We had a player like Bush once, he was called Dan Morgan. You guys ought to know, you signed him this offseason and he didn't even make it to training camp!

Luckily for you, you and your mancrushes Reggie Bush, Sean Peyton, and Drew Brees will be watching us play in the playoffs from the couch. You guys will have fun singing the "Five Dollar Footlong" song. Now run along, hit the reset button on Madden and get ready for next year. Only fans of teams with a chance at the playoffs need to be in here. Don't bother getting a new screen name and registering as a Falcons fan like you were when Vick played for them.

Edited by X-Clown, 23 December 2008 - 09:26 PM.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com