Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harrison Barnes

64 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The Cyclones played up-tempo with a defense that forced 27 turnovers and with a fast-breaking offense that accounted for 20 points.

“We’ve been working on that in practice,” Garrett said. “Our guards have been trying to (throw) the outlet pass quicker and get up the court faster.

“It’s fun to play that way.”

Sorry Duke you do not play basketball in that kinda of style.......I think it will be interesting to see who he picks

Posted · Report post

^ I've always thought of Dook as the leader, but there are some strange signals coming from the dook and Barnes camp. I know Barnes called K and told him not to come to an open gym in Ames that was apparently canceled. K then goes to see Roscoe Smith. It may all mean nada, but it may mean everything.

Posted · Report post

it also sounds like KU has made a strong surge as of late. of course i hope he goes to KU but i think he will end up at Duke.

Posted · Report post

Yes I see it as a sign too. It says he was wearing a warmup suit with Jordan on the back. When he was at the Duke vs Unc game he was wearing a Duke shirt and when he was at the Duke game for his official visit his whole family was wearing Duke shirts. It didn't say he was wearing anything Iowa State.

Posted · Report post

Not saying this means anything, though C.J. Leslie thinks Barnes will be a Heels.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/college_basketball/story/6398015/

Also fwiw, I saw some pretty interesting info from a pretty good source from ISU.

He said its down to UNC and Oklahoma. Said Duke was the leader up until a few weeks ago, but Oklahoma has jumped duke because barnes LOVES coach Capel. Barnes still is close to the other duke recruits, but he predicts UNC because Roy has recruited him harder than anyone the last few weeks.

Posted · Report post

Not saying this means anything, though C.J. Leslie thinks Barnes will be a Heels.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/college_basketball/story/6398015/

Also fwiw, I saw some pretty interesting info from a pretty good source from ISU.

He said its down to UNC and Oklahoma. Said Duke was the leader up until a few weeks ago, but Oklahoma has jumped duke because barnes LOVES coach Capel. Barnes still is close to the other duke recruits, but he predicts UNC because Roy has recruited him harder than anyone the last few weeks.

I heard the same thing except I heard UNC was out of the picture and it was down to Duke and Oklahoma. It is all speculation right now because Barnes has kept it in house. I still think he comes to Duke, as far as Leslie goes I think he is trying to rationalize why UNC isn't recruiting him. I don't think UNC has any interest in him. We will all know tomorrow at 4, ESPNU.

Posted · Report post

^ where are you hearing all these rumors? I agree that he probably goes to duke, but it is neck and neck with UNC.

Posted · Report post

Actually I think all schools had a shot until last night, and he is probably still going back and forth between 2 or 3 schools.....I do not think Carolina is on that short list because of the late recruitment. I think the schools that are still in it is Kansas, Duke, and Oklahoma

Kansas and Duke were the first two in his recruitment process and I think this kid is loyal to that fact.....his favorite player is Kobe Bryant who if did not go straight to the NBA was a Duke lock. Kansas plays the style of bball he likes more than Duke though. Oklahoma is def an up and coming team and I think he could see himself being the next Blake Griffin star player and also playing for a Duke Standout which would give him that Duke feel. Finally Kansas and Oklahoma are a lot closer to home than Duke.

I still think anything can happen, and this could be another Brandon Wright "situation" as I was told by a buddy following this recruitment very closely from Chapel Hill/Raleigh area...I personally think Carolina could have been a huge player in this recruitment process if they would have recruited him earlier, but even though he was thrilled that Carolina offered, but I think he stays loyal to the ones that were there first

Posted · Report post

Kansas is out of it imo

He Loves the other duke commits

Roy has been recruiting him harder than anyone the last few weeks

He Love Coach Capel so Oklahoma has a shot.

His mother works at ISU and locals have Really been pushing him to stay at home (also heard rumor that ISU's coach has been invited to the ceremony)

Going into yesterday from everything I heard, he was heading UNC

But

Last night it just didn't seem so positive on the light blue side.

Just have a gut feeling he is going to end up at duke

Posted · Report post

If this kid goes UNC there is no way you can convince me the Tar Holes don't cheat like everyone else.

Posted · Report post

Man this one is going to be close. Duke Commits seem pretty confident. Some pretty decent sources in IA think unc.

This guy was predicting duke up until today, now he says unc

http://twitter.com/martytirrell

Posted · Report post

Barnes will pick either UNC or Duke. Duke needs him more than UNC does but, it'd be really nice to get Barnes in baby blue.