Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone find it hard to dislike the Saints?

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#46 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,725 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:43 PM

That should come in handy on Sunday. :sleep:

Was he talking about Sunday? :confused:

#47 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,527 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:43 PM

What was it like losing a superbowl 6 years ago? I bet it was awesome. Did everybody get a trophy? Pizza party afterward? Did all the new fans have a hard time finding the stadium to watch the ensuing 7-9 season?

What's it like playing in a Dome, that has hosted so many Superbowls. And your team always has to let another team use your teams locker room? Do you sit around a pot of gumbo year after year wondering what could have been? If only you knew how to use voodoo maybe you could make it to the big game one day? Sad little troll.

#48 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,725 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:44 PM

Hey, we had a drinking problem...and Aaron Brooks.

Back in Brooks' day he was as much of a winner as Brees.

#49 cjjr72984

cjjr72984

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

We have had a good team the last couple of years. Problem is we had the #1 offense but a crappy defensive coordinator. Defense wins championships, PERIOD! Now that Gregg is here, the attitude is much different. We went to the NFCCG in 2006 and things would have been much different the last couple of years had Gibbs been fired sooner. We are 7-0 and on a roll. Like us or not you cannot deny the positive changes. This is not our daddy's Saints.

I agree.

#50 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,725 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:48 PM

Let me highlight that Saints fans agree that 7-9 and 8-8 teams are good.

#51 stsgrl

stsgrl

NOLA baby

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:48 PM

8-8 and 7-9 isn't a good team. and your winning season was 10-6 you guys were blowing them away! lol

You must have not understood what I said...
We had /have a great offense our problem was the strictly on our defense. We lost 7 games by 4 points or less. We just didnt finish the games but times have changed! I believe if Gregg Williams was coaching the D the last three years would have been totally different but I am not going to dwell on the past. Today is today, we are 7-0 and that is all that counts!

Edited by stsgrl, 05 November 2009 - 02:51 PM.

#52 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,560 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

Cat is making me all hot talking smack.

Cut it out yo..

#53 WhoDat205

WhoDat205

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:52 PM

What's it like playing in a Dome, that has hosted so many Superbowls. And your team always has to let another team use your teams locker room? Do you sit around a pot of gumbo year after year wondering what could have been? If only you knew how to use voodoo maybe you could make it to the big game one day? Sad little troll.

No, I sit around wondering what it would be like to actually win one. Why is everyone here so caught up in not winning a SuperBowl? Do you not sit around a pot of what ever they cook up there in the non-state of Carolina, and wonder what it would be like to win one?

#54 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

Let me highlight that Saints fans agree that 7-9 and 8-8 teams are good.

when your franchise has had 18 of 42 seasons with 5 wins or less, it's understandable.

it's all about perspective.

#55 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

One thing is for sure...we're gonna find out how good that Saints run defense really is on Sunday, because the Panthers don't give a rat's ass how many players you put in the box, they will run it anyway.

#56 WhoDat205

WhoDat205

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

If we're going to keep going with the "who sucks more" argument, then Carolina has had 8 losing seasons out of 14.

#57 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:58 PM

I was BORN in New Orleans and I can't stand them. It boiled over after every sports media outlet tried to create a warm and fuzzy story after Katrina. It may have been doable the season after, but they still tried to cram that sob story down our throats the following seasons.

Maybe that means I hate the media hahaha...but no, I still care 0% about the Aints. The stadium is a dump, the uniforms are crap, the city was a ghetto even before Katrina, Mardi Gras is all they have left, and the team only sticks around because of tradition.

#58 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,725 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

We have had a good team the last couple of years. Problem is we had the #1 offense but a crappy defensive coordinator. Defense wins championships, PERIOD! Now that Gregg is here, the attitude is much different. We went to the NFCCG in 2006 and things would have been much different the last couple of years had Gibbs been fired sooner. We are 7-0 and on a roll. Like us or not you cannot deny the positive changes. This is not our daddy's Saints.

You must have not understood what I said...
We had /have a great offense our problem was the strictly on our defense. We lost 7 games by 4 points or less. We just didnt finish the games but times have changed! I believe if Gregg Williams was coaching the D the last three years would have been totally different but I am not going to dwell on the past. Today is today, we are 7-0 and that is all that counts!

I was just reading your post. :rolleyes:

edit: I'm under the impression that a team in football consist of offense, defense and special teams.

Edited by Cat, 05 November 2009 - 03:02 PM.

#59 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

If we're going to keep going with the "who sucks more" argument, then Carolina has had 8 losing seasons out of 14.

And that's worse than two play off wins in 40 years?

#60 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,725 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:00 PM

Cat is making me all hot talking smack.

Cut it out yo..

I don't talk smack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users