39 replies to this topic

#16 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

so let me get this straight. i can give my opinion about the game , but i cant talk about the facts.? boy talking about denial

You won't get 300 yards rushing against us again...that was an aberration. Next time Eli will have to beat us.

#17 giantsrule_2005

giantsrule_2005

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

that might be true. but dont forget how many teams dared eli to beat them and he creamed their clock.

#18 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:09 PM

that might be true. but dont forget how many teams dared eli to beat them and he creamed their clock.

First off that sounds disgusting. Secondly, Eli choked against us the last time he played us in the playoffs. I'm just saying what I hope happens. I'm hoping we won't play so much soft zone and decide to blitz a little more next time. Who knows? If we play this soft ass poo defense in the playoffs then we won't even make it far enough to play you guys again, anyway.

#19 giantsrule_2005

giantsrule_2005

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:12 PM

good luck in the playoffs. who knows it will turn out

#20 540NYFAN

540NYFAN

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

Dont be foolish to think that a team that was on the verge of getting blown out has a good chance of winning against us again

They didnt "beat" us, they just "won". It is a difference

verge of getting blown out?....we were favored to win that game. where are the realistic good sportmen in here? i originally made this s.n. to say good game, but i see things are getting really hateful. i already said im no troll, but its funny how when everyone hypes up a win, before the f'ing game has even started, then blames the weather, the reps, and their teams mistakes when they lose. oh yeah, and then go "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, RAAAAAA"

as i said, youll never see me say that the gmen WILL win a game before it starts, every fan can only HOPE. any fan that says their team WILL win falls under the funny section in my book

#21 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

giants barely win that game.

giants won't beat the panthers a second time. doesn't matter where that game is played.

panthers won't give you the benefit of coming back the next time.

the next time the panthers play the giants expect what happened the 1st half to happen both halves.

if we have both our DTs back the giants running game doesn't have a chance.

#22 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,027 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

verge of getting blown out?....we were favored to win that game. where are the realistic good sportmen in here? i originally made this s.n. to say good game, but i see things are getting really hateful. i already said im no troll, but its funny how when everyone hypes up a win, before the f'ing game has even started, then blames the weather, the reps, and their teams mistakes when they lose. oh yeah, and then go "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, RAAAAAA"

as i said, youll never see me say that the gmen WILL win a game before it starts, every fan can only HOPE. any fan that says their team WILL win falls under the funny section in my book

everyone? A few people don't speak for the entire huddle. Try to remember that and your visit here will be a lot more enjoyable. It was a tough loss, and they'll say whatever the f*ck to make themselves feel better. It was a good game, you guys played better, but I hope we meet again in the playoffs. I'm not going to guarantee anything, but I'm sure it would be a good matchup.

#23 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,926 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

I would have liked our chances @home in the playoffs a little better, but we can go into New York and beat them in the playoffs...we've done it before.

Nothing says when we lock down the number 2, the Cowboys don't knock the Giants out in the 2nd round for us while we handle whoever comes to town. ;)

#24 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:02 PM

If we take care of business on Sunday I feel really good about going in with the 2 seed. If minny happens to beat Dallas who i think takes the 6, then I like our chances. If the Cowboys win I think we will be seeing them at home in the NFCG. The game would have been different with Kemo clogging the middle. And we still would have won had we not went ultra conservative to set up a long field goal. Im still feeling good about our boys, that interior just wore down in the second half and that wont happen again if Kemo returns

#25 Punisher

Punisher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

and you can take that to the bank

we stink it up in the reg season but this team plays to its highest potential in the post season
If we can just get to the NFCC, I like our chances

Gmen did not impress me to be honest with you
their D was toast and if it were not for all that soft zone garbage, Eli would've eaten alive

:confused:

#26 540NYFAN

540NYFAN

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

everyone? A few people don't speak for the entire huddle. Try to remember that and your visit here will be a lot more enjoyable. It was a tough loss, and they'll say whatever the f*ck to make themselves feel better. It was a good game, you guys played better, but I hope we meet again in the playoffs. I'm not going to guarantee anything, but I'm sure it would be a good matchup.

yes, i will agree, it will be another great game. it seemed like this was one of the FEW games this season where it seemed like power football, hard hitting, painful, etc. it was great.

if we meet again, the panthers will have the revenge factor, however the gmen will know you have the revenge factor, and therefore work harder to prevent a loss. which if that situation happens, will result in another good game. good luck in the playoffs

#27 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

I'm not promise'n anything either... but, I'd be a lil worried if I was a Giants fan if the Panthers play them again... they brought it to overtime and the whole interior Dline.. have'n a back up and a Practice squard guy play'n in the biggest game of the season against argueable the best Running back squad in the league.

It was a weakness, the Giants exploited it after the Panthers had a misque to seal the game on that FG try.

Way to Go Giants. I hope the rematch is as good as the last game, just different results.

#28 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:21 PM

yes, i will agree, it will be another great game. it seemed like this was one of the FEW games this season where it seemed like power football, hard hitting, painful, etc. it was great.

if we meet again, the panthers will have the revenge factor, however the gmen will know you have the revenge factor, and therefore work harder to prevent a loss. which if that situation happens, will result in another good game. good luck in the playoffs

Good Game by the Giants. I hope to meet them again in the playoffs. We can't worry about them right now. They beat us and it's over. We have to worry about the Saints and securing that #2 seed because Atlanta is hot on our trials. We all know the chances of the losing to the Rams sunday :( lol. Anyway, this has been a great season so far.

#29 SteveSmithStinks01

SteveSmithStinks01

Giants fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

Dont be foolish to think that a team that was on the verge of getting blown out has a good chance of winning against us again

They didnt "beat" us, they just "won". It is a difference

459 total yards to 343
Almost 40minutes possession to 25
We did BEAT you guys and both teams had bad breaks and injuries. Aaron Ross had a sure interception go right through his hands for a 60 yard gain..he also got injured and sat out the rest of the game. Justin Tuck was playing with the flu and showed nothing and was in and out all game. Fred Robbins was a non-factor playing through a bad shoulder injury..hell Jacobs didn't even look 100%. We were plagued with injuries also..our list was MASSIVE going into the game. And when was a 50yd field goal in a windy stadium in freezing cold weather ever guaranteed? It was a great game and people should leave it at that..couldn't of asked for anything more, everyone knew it was going to be great before it even started and it let noone down besides the few Panther fans giving up on your season. You guys played great and will be fine in the playoffs and hopefully we meet again for another GREAT game

#30 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

459 total yards to 343
Almost 40minutes possession to 25
We did BEAT you guys and both teams had bad breaks and injuries. Aaron Ross had a sure interception go right through his hands for a 60 yard gain..he also got injured and sat out the rest of the game. Justin Tuck was playing with the flu and showed nothing and was in and out all game. Fred Robbins was a non-factor playing through a bad shoulder injury..hell Jacobs didn't even look 100%. We were plagued with injuries also..our list was MASSIVE going into the game. And when was a 50yd field goal in a windy stadium in freezing cold weather ever guaranteed? It was a great game and people should leave it at that..couldn't of asked for anything more, everyone knew it was going to be great before it even started and it let noone down besides the few Panther fans giving up on your season. You guys played great and will be fine in the playoffs and hopefully we meet again for another GREAT game

For the record (and this has been stated before), Carolina usually has less time of possession regardless of the final score. That's part of why it's called an "explosive" offense. As far as injuries go, we've been playing with backup offensive linemen for a majority of our wins, anyway. If anything hurt it was Kemoeatu's absence on the defensive line, but that's been brought up to death already. Not to mention that a good plurality of those rushing yards came in overtime, when our "bend, don't break" defense was exhausted.

I agree with your other comments, though. The Giants won fairly in what truly resembled an early playoff game, very stingy refs and all. Until we can beat you, I'll still treat you guys like the best team in the NFC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com