37 replies to this topic

#31 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

Maybe you should learn something about bball...Hansbrough wasn't ever the greatest rebounder.

But Hansbrough has the UNC record for career rebounds at 1,219, averaging 8.6 per game... I don't see how you can't quantify that as a great rebounder, if not the greatest rebounder in UNC history.

#32 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

But Hansbrough has the UNC record for career rebounds at 1,219, averaging 8.6 per game... I don't see how you can't quantify that as a great rebounder, if not the greatest rebounder in UNC history.

Hansbrough was a good rebounder, but not great. He has that record because of longevity. Sean May was a much better rebounder...Sam Perkins was a GREAT rebounder. Ed Davis is a great rebounder. UNC may miss some things this year, but Hansbrough's rebounding prowess isn't one of them.

BTW, Drew played pretty good tonight.

#33 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

Hansbrough was a good rebounder, but not great. Sam Perkins was a GREAT rebounder.

But Hansbrough finished with 52 more rebounds, and they played the same number of years, didn't they? BTW, both Perkins and Hansbrough finished with a career average at UNC of 8.6 rebounds per game...... Just sayin...

#34 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

Dimbster knows his hoops. Don't argue with him. :cheers2:

#35 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

Maybe you should learn something about bball...Hansbrough wasn't ever the greatest rebounder.

And, btw, Drew looks solid so far.

I wasn't talking about Hanbrough being the greatest I was talking about Rodman but Hansbrough could hold his own. It doesn't matter how many games you play look at the average of rebounds. And I know enough about basketball to know when someone talks in a circle to try to get a point across. Nobody on your team this year will average over 8 Rebs a game. Drew played okay with 7 pts. 6 asst. 2 TO. You have to remember they were playing FIU so before you start beating your chest let's wait and see how he handles a real team.

#36 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:57 PM

I'm friggen defending a UNC player from a UNC fan. How ironic is that?? :lol:

#37 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

I'm friggen defending a UNC player from a UNC fan. How ironic is that?? :lol:

Yes that shows you he has no idea what the hell he is talking about. He called Hanbrough a good but not great rebounder. Perkins was great and they averaged the same. I guess they need to be saved from themselves. He needs to figure out what he is trying to argue.

#38 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

Twilight Zone

Davis will never be great compared to stats of players in the past (if that is what we are going on) because no way in hell he is lasting all 4 years at Chapel Hill....Hell he might be gone after this season, and the same with Henson

This is not the same Carolina team, even though they can run the court I think they need to out physical teams, put some muscle on those boys and just go to town down low...Drew while he played decent tonight will have to develop quickly, because the schedule is murder the next few weeks(would not surprise me to see 2-4 loses by the end of of December).......I do like how Ginyard has become aggressive on the offensive end now though

Edited by Tweeder, 09 November 2009 - 11:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com