• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:44 AM

This year to win? I think there is big time pressure down in Atlanta and to a lesser extent with Wake. Wolfpack nation is chomping for something from Lowe. I think this may also be the last year for Gary Williams for some reason. There is a lot of pressure on K to get a thing or two accomplished as well. The Heels are playing with house money. Thoughts?

#2 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

We talking bout just the ACC?

If it's the ACC, I'll go a different direction and say the Yellow Jackets. With all the hype of the their freshmen class that includes Derrick Favors, and the fact that they finished last in the ACC last year, they have to have a great year. They are already in the the Top 25.

If it's out of everyone, I have to go with UK. I really don't think I need to explain why Kentucky has to have a phenomenal year.

#3 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:07 AM

Damn, is GT really in the top 25?? I gotta get up on my college bball news. How can a team that was dead last in the ACC be ranked the next season because of one recruiting class. GT blows, and they'll be shown up this season.

#4 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:38 AM

ACC I think you have to go with NCSU and Maryland.....Those fans are used to winning 20+ games and making the tourney, NCSU has given a pass with a new coach but another year by Williams and I could see people start calling for his head.

Outside of the ACC....Illinois (Oh what used to be when Self was there) I feel also that Michigan has a lot of pressure to win

I think if Kentucky doesn't win somehow it will be shocking, but I do not feel like they have to win right now

#5 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:53 AM

Lowe has a stellar recruiting class. As long as we don't tank he will get a year to work with those guys. Firing him knowing that those 2 guards would be gone too would be the worst move in NCSU basketball history since running off Valvano.

There is no doubt in my mind that it is Hewitt down at GaTech. They are flying under the radar nationally but are as talented as anyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.