Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unicar15

Unc/fiu

13 posts in this topic

You realize that if UNC doesn't run then they don't score, right? Slowing the ball down is not part of Roy's plan I can assure you of that. Just like Ks philosophy is always going to be perimeter oriented (largely based on making 3-pointers) Roy's is always going to be based on running. Live and die by it...

yeah and I really do not like that when they do not have much experience, I think they need to slow it down especially since they are huge this year and play more physical.....well at least until they develop more.....then run their ass out of the court

You realize that if UNC doesn't run then they don't score, right? Slowing the ball down is not part of Roy's plan I can assure you of that. Just like Ks philosophy is always going to be perimeter oriented (largely based on making 3-pointers) Roy's is always going to be based on running. Live and die by it...

I know thats how UNC runs but probably 90% of those turnovers were from pushing it up too damn hard out of control. Thats why they need to slow it down a bit im not talking about lets jump into a half court set.. im talking about pacing it a bit at least until we control the turnovers then they can run full speed.

NC gets a ton of easy baskets by pushing tempo and they always have and will. Every year I hear how they can't play halfcourt, then there are two or three games where teams slow them down and they win 76-65. When you have bigs, you can grind it out in a halfcourt set. Is it something the Heels want to do a lot? NO! But they can do it.