Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World Series of Poker

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The kid that won it apparently had someone fronting him the $10k buy in for a 50% stake.

$10k for $4 mil+ ain't too bad of a return.

:)

that is just crazy...

Posted · Report post

I heard it was 20%...but either way, not a bad return!!!

One day...that will be me!

Posted · Report post

The kid that won it apparently had someone fronting him the $10k buy in for a 50% stake.

$10k for $4 mil+ ain't too bad of a return.

:)

That's not uncommon in the WSOP. Stu Ungar had someone front him the 10k for a WSOP tourney back before he died. He used to be a gazillionaire and of course he gambled it all away, and spent the rest on hookers and cocaine. But he got someone to give him 10k, and he wound up winning the WSOP again...then spending the money on hookers (who shot him) and cocaine.

It's actually an intriguing story. At the WSOP event I'm talking about, he wore these sunglasses and his nose looked collapsed because of the damage the coke did to his nasal cavity.

Posted · Report post

That's not uncommon in the WSOP. Stu Ungar had someone front him the 10k for a WSOP tourney back before he died. He used to be a gazillionaire and of course he gambled it all away, and spent the rest on hookers and cocaine. But he got someone to give him 10k, and he wound up winning the WSOP again...then spending the money on hookers (who shot him) and cocaine.

It's actually an intriguing story. At the WSOP event I'm talking about, he wore these sunglasses and his nose looked collapsed because of the damage the coke did to his nasal cavity.

Saw a good movie/documentary on him also. I think it may have been on the Discovery channel.