Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any suggestions?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Borrow a friend's Rottweiler or Pit Bull...

Posted

my dad used to have a problem with strays out in the country. he bought an air pistol for my brother and i to shoot them with. we used non-lethal ammo, but they still stopped coming around. same for the squirrels in the bird feeders.

Posted

careful what you wish for. Having this cat around may be keeping every other stray off of your porch.

instead of shooting, there is always

cat-antifreeze.jpg

Posted

Also it was 10 degrees outside.

Damn, where do you live?

Call local animal shelters (not animal control) or go to a pet store and ask about feral cat help.

Posted

ummm...so let me get this straight...you have an outdoor cat that gets it's ass kicked by your neighbours's outdoor cat and animal sevices should do something about it?

here's an idea...grow some balls, get rid of the cats and get yourself a nice big man dog...problem solved.

Posted

Good point hawk. My dog hates the neighborhood cats... they don't come around much anymore for some reason.

Posted

Shoot the cat. Shoot it good and dead.

Posted

Lure it into a pet carrier.

Put said pet carrier in the back of a truck.

Drive to the middle of nowhere.

Empty said pet carrier.

If it comes back...shoot it.

Posted

My dad did that when he was a young man. Landlord's cat kept pissing in my sister's baby stroller, but my dad could never catch it. He hated the cat, cat hated him. One day cat was sleeping in said stroller on a blanket. Dad scooped up cat and blanket, threw in car. Drove to work, whistling happily, took the long way on the back roads. Cat is hissing and spitting all the way. Got to the middle of nowhere, grabbed cat, punted it into a field. He said it felt great! Good ol Dad :D

Posted

Cats are trouble. I still can't figure out how a 4 lb cat can make the 50 lb dog run away.