Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jameson's Whiskey

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Just smelling brown liquor still makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. D*mn you Jack Daniels and that one summer night in 1990!!!!

I have the same response to Gin after one shot - not one night, one shot - of Rikaloff Gin (it's $8 for a handle for a reason). Shot went down, realized it was actually nail polish remover with a 80 proof sticker on it, and it came right back up. Can't even look at Gin now.

And I used to like it. Gin is almost a euphoric drug. When I got Gin drunk in college off Bombay Saphire and Beefeater I just felt happy and light. But no mas.

Posted

Just smelling brown liquor still makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. D*mn you Jack Daniels and that one summer night in 1990!!!!

Same here. Except insert George Dickel White Label, and 1997.

I had my first brown liquor drink in over 10 years about a month ago....still struggled.

Posted

I can still throw down a good SoCo and lime but you really can't taste the brown liquor in that.

I tried a shot of brown liquor at a recent halloween party and it got half way down and then it reversed direction and went into the trash can next to me. Probably didn't help that I was expecting a regular Kamakazi and in fact it was a Southern Kamakazi and they were out of lime juice.

Posted

Um....not sure what "malts an Irish Whiskey" means and also not sure you know anything about Irish Whiskey

I had this long condescending response explaining the malting process and its use in the production of the various types of Irish whiskey but decided that I didn't need to be a dick about it.

Instead Ill say this...

I drink Irish whiskey when I want whiskey that doesn't taste like it was strained through a handful of peat moss. Single malts are , in my opinion, the Irish version of scotch and if I wanted scotch there are far better bottles that the best single malt Irish whiskey.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can still throw down a good SoCo and lime but you really can't taste the brown liquor in that.

I tried a shot of brown liquor at a recent halloween party and it got half way down and then it reversed direction and went into the trash can next to me. Probably didn't help that I was expecting a regular Kamakazi and in fact it was a Southern Kamakazi and they were out of lime juice.

it sounds like your problem is soco. soco is fuging horrible.

Posted

Capt. Morgan's does that to me.

Posted

well, it's like 1/2 rum, 1/2 sugar.

Posted

It's the smell of the spices.

Posted

I love dark rum, but hate spiced rum.

Posted

I had this long condescending response explaining the malting process and its use in the production of the various types of Irish whiskey but decided that I didn't need to be a dick about it.

Instead Ill say this...

I drink Irish whiskey when I want whiskey that doesn't taste like it was strained through a handful of peat moss. Single malts are , in my opinion, the Irish version of scotch and if I wanted scotch there are far better bottles that the best single malt Irish whiskey.

Practically all irish whiskey contains at least a blend of malted and unmalted barley. Single malted simply means its all malted barley

Also Most irish whiskey does not use peat smoke in the malting process

Posted

wow you are old:D

Necro Bump

Posted

Johnnie Walker Black or Chevis Regal....either will cure whatever ails you.