• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

Not a lot to be determined from watching them pound UNCG...They don't seem very athletic, but they have good size.

#2 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:24 AM

Minus Nolan and Mason, probably the two best athletes.

#3 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:21 AM

Watched duke play I'm sorry to hear you had nothing better to do...LOL

#4 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:37 AM

Not a lot to be determined from watching them pound UNCG...They don't seem very athletic, but they have good size.

I was very impressed, Scheyer picked back up where he left off and Singler is going to be a beast this year. Miles looked a whole lot better, and I thought our freshmen played well. They didn't look sloppy with the ball, only 13 TO's. I can't wait for Nolan and MP2 to get back.

#5 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:15 AM

I was very impressed, Scheyer picked back up where he left off and Singler is going to be a beast this year. Miles looked a whole lot better, and I thought our freshmen played well. They didn't look sloppy with the ball, only 13 TO's. I can't wait for Nolan and MP2 to get back.

Of course you were...They still are not going to be good at guarding quick teams, and K is going to physically kill Scheyer and Singler - Don't know if either got a break last night.

No one will get to see them exposed until they play someone though. Are they playing a ranked team out of conference this year?

#6 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:02 PM

Of course you were...They still are not going to be good at guarding quick teams, and K is going to physically kill Scheyer and Singler - Don't know if either got a break last night.

No one will get to see them exposed until they play someone though. Are they playing a ranked team out of conference this year?

That is why they will have to play zone, I told you that on another thread they have tremendous size at every position so it will be tough guarding quicker teams. I am not a homer like you and think they have no flaws, I understand the game. Yes Scheyer and Singler had to play some minutes but that is because Smith couldn't play and MP2 was also out. They play in the NIT so whoever they face in the Garden, they also have Wisconsin, Gonzaga, and St.Johns, and Georgetown.

#7 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

That is why they will have to play zone, I told you that on another thread they have tremendous size at every position so it will be tough guarding quicker teams. I am not a homer like you and think they have no flaws, I understand the game. Yes Scheyer and Singler had to play some minutes but that is because Smith couldn't play and MP2 was also out. They play in the NIT so whoever they face in the Garden, they also have Wisconsin, Gonzaga, and St.Johns, and Georgetown.

So do you believe they are a top 10 team?

#8 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:19 PM

I thought dook looked good. I didn't watch the whole game but I did notice them playing a lot of zone. Roy had better start preparing for that now.

#9 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:50 PM

I thought dook looked good. I didn't watch the whole game but I did notice them playing a lot of zone. Roy had better start preparing for that now.

I thought they looked a step slow and not too athletic. Again, they have nice size and skill, so they will probably have a decent year. They may be a sweet 16 team, may not be. I know there is a lot of hope that Nolen Smith will be the answer at pg, but he was so ineffective last season that he was moved out by a freshman.

#10 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

I thought they looked a step slow and not too athletic. Again, they have nice size and skill, so they will probably have a decent year. They may be a sweet 16 team, may not be. I know there is a lot of hope that Nolen Smith will be the answer at pg, but he was so ineffective last season that he was moved out by a freshman.

Actually, Elliot took the place of Paulus, not Nolan. He was playing well until that screen at Maryland that took him out with a concussion, and when he came back he wasn't the same. I love how Duke players that are hyped are nothing until they prove themselves, but you're so high on Carolina when in reality only a couple of them have done anything significant.

#11 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

So do you believe they are a top 10 team?

Yes they are a top ten team no doubt, but do we have issues of course we are thin at the guard position but I was more impressed with Duke's play than UNC's so far. Now I am a Duke fan so it could be biased but I thought they played very well. Freshmen looked good and we only turned the ball over 13 and put up 96 points. Defense looked poor at points of the game but again that is one of the areas to work on. And as far as Nolan goes I think for being a second year player and playing behind Paulus and Scheyer he averaged 9 ppg. 2 assts. and 3 rebs. Those are decent stats for a guy coming off the bench. I know he has worked really hard on his game over the summer so we will see. Like I said I will take him over LD2 all day everyday.

#12 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:50 PM

So a team that looked a step slow and not too athletic put up 96 points? Your guys haven't put up that many points this year yet. We shot the same percentage from the 3 point line as the Heels did so you can't use that excuse.

#13 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

So a team that looked a step slow and not too athletic put up 96 points? Your guys haven't put up that many points this year yet. We shot the same percentage from the 3 point line as the Heels did so you can't use that excuse.

I think UNC has a higher ceiling this year than duke...What you see from duke is about what it will be. Roy is running players in and out trying to establish his corp. Yeah, the Heels are going to play a lot of people, but they are not going to have a 12 man rotation. That's what it is right now.

And, hey, duke might score 96 a game, but they are going to play teams and give up that much, too.

#14 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• ALL-PRO
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

96 points= because it was UNCG, and Coach K played Scheyer & Singler the whole game. I know they were missing 2 players . But you win by 34 and play your best 2 players 39 mins.?
He is a great coach but why does he insist on year after year running his best players into the ground. Come Feb. Singler want have any legs at all.. AGAIN

What has always impressed me is Duke beats the teams their suppose to. K always has them ready.

But to go back in forth this time of year about either team on how good or bad either will be . Makes you sound as homerish as Htar.
Long season hope both teams stay healthy

#15 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

96 points= because it was UNCG, and Coach K played Scheyer & Singler the whole game. I know they were missing 2 players . But you win by 34 and play your best 2 players 39 mins.?
He is a great coach but why does he insist on year after year running his best players into the ground. Come Feb. Singler want have any legs at all.. AGAIN

What has always impressed me is Duke beats the teams their suppose to. K always has them ready.

But to go back in forth this time of year about either team on how good or bad either will be . Makes you sound as homerish as Htar.
Long season hope both teams stay healthy

Are you serious? I bring facts to the table and Htar brings nothing. 96 points against UNCG I agree is not that impressive I was just making a point that a team I Htar's eyes looks a step slow somehow dropped 96 on a team. Once again he had to play Scheyer and Singler that much because both of their backups were out and we don't have a sixteen man rotation like the mighty Heels. I am assuming you are a UNC fan by your reaction to what I said. Most rational people can understand what I am saying and I don't consider most UNC fans rational.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com