Watched duke play

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• ALL-PRO
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

I complimented your team on their preparation and execution.
I don't see how that was irrational. I questioned Coach K's over use of his star players.

I can easily see my teams weaknesses as well as strengths. And in no way do I think Roy walks on water.

You are no different than Htar.
But keeping posting all them facts. Homer:rolleyes:

#17 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hey, I never make excuses for my Heel homerism. I'm quite proud of the best program in the nation.

But I see the weaknesses with this years Heel team...The difference is that this years team is playing with house money. They have a ton of talent but are inexperienced. Experience will come with playing. Duke is maxed out. Their leaders are who they are and they are limited.

#18 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:01 AM

I complimented your team on their preparation and execution.
I don't see how that was irrational. I questioned Coach K's over use of his star players.

I can easily see my teams weaknesses as well as strengths. And in no way do I think Roy walks on water.

You are no different than Htar.
But keeping posting all them facts. Homer:rolleyes:

I agree they are prepared, and as far as K's over use of players we are not as deep as your Heels and if you would have taken a moment to thought about what I wrote you would understand why Scheyer and Singler had to play so much. We had maybe our most pivotal player not playing. With Smith not playing we have to have players step up and play a little more. They won't average 37 minutes a game once Smith gets back. And if me putting facts out there and not just pulling sh!t out of my a$$ makes me a homer then so be it. I agree that I am biased like any fan but I can still look at a team and make a pretty good judgment on them. I will stand by what I said Duke will finish in the top 10 and UNC will finish in the 10-20 range.

#19 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:36 PM

Hey, I never make excuses for my Heel homerism. I'm quite proud of the best program in the nation.

But I see the weaknesses with this years Heel team...The difference is that this years team is playing with house money. They have a ton of talent but are inexperienced. Experience will come with playing. Duke is maxed out. Their leaders are who they are and they are limited.

Couple things Htar.

1. Happy to hear you watched a Duke game. Anyone who considers themselves a die-hard Duke or Carolina fan and member of the greatest rivalry in sports should always watch the rivals games. I watch every Carolina game of the year, that way I know what I am talking about when I talk sh*t. So that is a positive for you Htar.

2. Duke is pretty athletic. You can be white and be athletic, it happens sometimes. How high do you think Mason and Miles Plumlee can jump? Just curious.

3. Carolina may be young this year, but keep in mind Duke has two seniors on the team, that's it.

4. As for knowing who their leaders are at the beginning of the season, that would be considered a positive. And yes we know what the can do, Jon is the reigning ACC tournament MVP and Kyle Singler is a serious candidate for National Player of the Year. Not sure how that is seen as not impressive. If we want to talk not impressive, that would be Carolina's level of play this season so far.

5. Finally, if you want to question Duke being a top ten team, you, my friend, need to look in the mirror. How can you ask that question with a straight face, when Carolina is ranked 4th in the Nation. There is nothing about that team that is 4th best in the Nation. Be happy with a high early season ranking, it will not be there at the end. Kinda like your football team, over hyped early and shows its colors mid season then trys to turn it on when its too late. But you probably aren't even a Carolina football fan.

#20 Delhomeboy

Delhomeboy

Wage Slave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

Thought Duke looked good, was really impressed with a couple of the freshmen out there...Dawkins, I think one was, and the other goofy-looking black-haired center/forward that nailed that long three.

Still think Zoubeck simply needs to GTFO, though.

#21 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

Couple things Htar.

1. Happy to hear you watched a Duke game. Anyone who considers themselves a die-hard Duke or Carolina fan and member of the greatest rivalry in sports should always watch the rivals games. I watch every Carolina game of the year, that way I know what I am talking about when I talk sh*t. So that is a positive for you Htar.

2. Duke is pretty athletic. You can be white and be athletic, it happens sometimes. How high do you think Mason and Miles Plumlee can jump? Just curious.

3. Carolina may be young this year, but keep in mind Duke has two seniors on the team, that's it.

4. As for knowing who their leaders are at the beginning of the season, that would be considered a positive. And yes we know what the can do, Jon is the reigning ACC tournament MVP and Kyle Singler is a serious candidate for National Player of the Year. Not sure how that is seen as not impressive. If we want to talk not impressive, that would be Carolina's level of play this season so far.

5. Finally, if you want to question Duke being a top ten team, you, my friend, need to look in the mirror. How can you ask that question with a straight face, when Carolina is ranked 4th in the Nation. There is nothing about that team that is 4th best in the Nation. Be happy with a high early season ranking, it will not be there at the end. Kinda like your football team, over hyped early and shows its colors mid season then trys to turn it on when its too late. But you probably aren't even a Carolina football fan.

Are you talking about the UNC fball team that pounded your dookies? Yeah, I know quite a bit about UNC football and have been a fan for years. How you like that defense? I'd question your loyalty to the gridiron devils but I know you're not a fan of that...I think there are 500 dook football fans in the world - odds are you aren't one of them.

As for hoops, the devils are maxed out. Not much upside there.

#22 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

Maxed out and two key players haven't played a minute yet. Makes sense.

#23 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

Maxed out and two key players haven't played a minute yet. Makes sense.

I mean, MP is a freshman and has a broken arm - doubt he'll be a factor at all this year and Nolen hasn't done squat to this point in his career. Am I wrong?

#24 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:04 PM

Am I wrong?

Yes.

#25 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:13 AM

I mean, MP is a freshman and has a broken arm - doubt he'll be a factor at all this year and Nolen hasn't done squat to this point in his career. Am I wrong?

Actually he has a broken bone in his wrist and will be out a few weeks. I told you Smith averaged 9 ppg. and 3 asst. and 3 rebs in a back up role last year. He was only a second year player. He is no superstar but he can play he will average more points than any of UNC's guards this year. Miles vertical is 35 inches and his brother isn't far behind, so I would say that is a pretty athletic big man. Maybe you think he is not athletic because he is white, that is pretty close minded of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com