Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If true, WOW!

64 posts in this topic

Posted

You would have to live in Kentucky to understand the passion that program enjoys. In Carolina, they love the Heels, but they don't ask to be buried in a Tar Heel uniform. They don't gather around a radio at a wedding reception. They don't have more fans in the stands than the home team in half their conference games. If Carolina loses in the Big Dance, people take it in stride. In Kentucky, there's a three-day mourning period.[/QUOTE]

Most reasonable people know the reason for that is there is nothing else going on in the state so they overly obsess over UK bball. Nothing to be proud of.

Posted

Most reasonable people know the reason for that is there is nothing else going on in the state so they overly obsess over UK bball. Nothing to be proud of.

Yet again, I'm forced to ask a UNC fan how they qualify this statement. What exactly makes North Carolina the epicenter of entertainment that Kentucky is not? Again, I've lived in both states, so I'm curious what is your basis of this statement, DWill?

Posted

Yet again, I'm forced to ask a UNC fan how they qualify this statement. What exactly makes North Carolina the epicenter of entertainment that Kentucky is not? Again, I've lived in both states, so I'm curious what is your basis of this statement, DWill?

DWill has access to more NAMBLA meetings in NC.

Posted

No one has said that NC is the epicenter for entertainment but it's pretty easy to see we have much more than just bball going for us, unlike KY:

Numerous professional sports teams

#2 banking center in the nation

#1,#16 and #31 smartest cities in the nation

Coastal vacationing, Mountain vacationing

Highly rated Universities

Hub for Biotech Research including the largest research park in the country

One of the 4 fastest growing states in the nation

Should I keep going?

Posted

No one has said that NC is the epicenter for entertainment but it's pretty easy to see we have much more than just bball going for us, unlike KY:

Should I keep going?

Please do, because other then the coastal property, I don't see how any of that has to do with why Kentucky residents are so starved for entertainment.

NC is a banking state! SweetAb

"Hey, baby, let's go down to BofA and hang out!! Screw the Tar Heels."

"No, honey, let's go to the biotech lab."

:lol:

Posted

Please do, because other then the coastal property, I don't see how any of that has to do with why Kentucky residents are so starved for entertainment.

NC is a banking state! SweetAb

"Hey, baby, let's go down to BofA and hang out!! Screw the Tar Heels."

"No, honey, let's go to the biotech lab."

Stop recording my phone calls.

Posted

"Baby, we're too smart to go to a Tar Heels game."

Posted

Funny you picked Arkansas, because Arkansas is the one school whose fans rival ours in the SEC. I'd take their fans over UNC's any day of the week. You guys have more basketball schools than we do, but Kentucky's football stadium seats more than 67,000 people, and it's probably not in the top seven in the conference.

UK has had just as many winning seasons as UNC has. And we have more wins and titles. So your last statement is just flat out idgetry.

ok are we still on football or we back on basketball....I R CONFUZD

If it is football your statement is false, Carolina has more wins, more conference titles, more bowl games, more all Americans, and more people in the NFL

If it is basketball I will just go back to my corner and continue to watch, and get ready to mourn for a week, because a loss is in the near future for the Heels. I will say this only reason they have more wins over Carolina is because they did start playing ball about 10 years before the Tar Heels, and if I remember correctly the Tar Heels are about ready to pass them...I think they are what about 4 games back?

Posted

Should I keep going?

Pro Football Team

Pro Basketball Team

Hotter Women (Yeah, I said it!)

Posted

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'll take a stab at this one...

Forbes ranks Charlotte as the 25th most visited city in the nation... Kentucky has no cities listed...

NC has 3 pro sports franchises... Kentucky has none...

In 2004 MSNBC listed the 50 greatest cities in the US... NC had 3 in the top 17... Kentucky ranked one city in the top 50, at #47... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4625179/

In 2009 Forbes ranked Kentucky as the 49th best state to live in... (NC ranked 34th)... Not that this has much to do with entertainment... http://www.forbes.com/2009/03/11/best-states-living-lifestyle-health-wellness_slide_18.html

Forbes ranks Charlotte as the 32nd best city in the nation for singles (2009), with high marks for 'Coolness' (whatever the hell that means)... Kentucky listed no cities in the top 40... http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/27/best-cities-singles-lifestyle-singles-methodology.html

Kentucky lists 7 cities in the top 400 sports cities in the US... NC lists 18, including the Raleigh/Durham/CH area at #17 and Charlotte at #23... (per The Sporting News)

http://www.sportingnews.com/general/article/2009-10-06/best-sports-city-list

Kentucky DOES have the 4th best Corn Maze in the country, per The Sports Pickle, and I have to admit, I think it should have been #1...

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:371/americas-best-sports-corn-mazes

Anyways, 'entertainment' is a tough one to compare, and I admit, I've never been anywhere near Kentucky... But that's what I was able to drum up online...

Posted

That 50 greatest city list has Atlanta in the Top 10 and Columbia in the Top 50. Totally discredits it as a list, the author as a somewhat coherent journalist, and my last vestiges of faith in humanity.

Posted

I grew up in Louisville and lived eight years in Charlotte. They're very comparable. Less crime in Louisville, maybe.