63 replies to this topic

#16 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:18 AM

Carolina sells a lot of stuff because of their colors. Kentucky has twice the fan base...passionate fans, not bandwagon fans...that Carolina has.

Remember the 95 regional final in Birmingham? Kentucky fans outnumbered Carolina fans at that game 3 to 1. Every time UK plays in Hawaii, the stands are full of UK fans. Puerto Rico, L.A., doesn't matter.

UK also gets invited to bowl games when we are 6-6 because the bowls know we will buy up tickets.

So just because a bunch of gang members wear UNC stuff doesn't make you the most popular program in the country. Not even close.

no bias at all in that statement!!

First every team has bandwagon fans....yes even the BIG BLUE!!! Especially now that they have been saved by Calipari himself

I'll give you the football example, Carolina doesn't know how to travel well in football.

Gang members?? If I remember correctly isn't Kentucky blue closer to the Crips colors then Carolina Blue...just sayin'

#17 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

It's not even that, for a vast majority of NE and West Coast sports fans, college sports isn't really on the radar until bowl season and March Madness. It's pro sports.

true I will give you that....I was just keeping it in a college outlook

#18 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,672 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:25 AM

Stop it.

#19 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:26 AM

no bias at all in that statement!!

First every team has bandwagon fans....yes even the BIG BLUE!!! Especially now that they have been saved by Calipari himself

I'll give you the football example, Carolina doesn't know how to travel well in football.

Gang members?? If I remember correctly isn't Kentucky blue closer to the Crips colors then Carolina Blue...just sayin'

Carolina is the only school with baby blue, unless you want to count the Citadel. The Raiders are popular because they have unique colors as well. Okay, maybe gang members don't wear Carolina, but kids wear it because of Jordan and because of the unique color scheme.

You would have to live in Kentucky to understand the passion that program enjoys. In Carolina, they love the Heels, but they don't ask to be buried in a Tar Heel uniform. They don't gather around a radio at a wedding reception. They don't have more fans in the stands than the home team in half their conference games. If Carolina loses in the Big Dance, people take it in stride. In Kentucky, there's a three-day mourning period.

#20 tarheelfan23

tarheelfan23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:01 AM

Carolina is the only school with baby blue, unless you want to count the Citadel. The Raiders are popular because they have unique colors as well. Okay, maybe gang members don't wear Carolina, but kids wear it because of Jordan and because of the unique color scheme.

You would have to live in Kentucky to understand the passion that program enjoys. In Carolina, they love the Heels, but they don't ask to be buried in a Tar Heel uniform. They don't gather around a radio at a wedding reception. They don't have more fans in the stands than the home team in half their conference games. If Carolina loses in the Big Dance, people take it in stride. In Kentucky, there's a three-day mourning period.

that just shows how stupid KU fans are if there is a 3 day mourning period if they loose.....i guess there have been a lot of mourning going on........and if that is true with how bad they have sucked lately then i bet half of the fans have commited suicide

#21 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

they don't ask to be buried in a Tar Heel uniform. They don't gather around a radio at a wedding reception. They don't have more fans in the stands than the home team in half their conference games. If Carolina loses in the Big Dance, people take it in stride. In Kentucky, there's a three-day mourning period.

Alright. Lets start

First statement is entirely false. People in my family have been buried in one.

You are correct we do not gather around a radio at a wedding reception. We can afford TV's.

That's because the ACC actually has teams with fans. The SEC does not.

We take it in stride because we know we'll be back there next year. A luxury UK does not have.

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:18 AM

Alright. Lets start

First statement is entirely false. People in my family have been buried in one.

You are correct we do not gather around a radio at a wedding reception. We can afford TV's.

That's because the ACC actually has teams with fans. The SEC does not.

We take it in stride because we know we'll be back there next year. A luxury UK does not have.

1. You are a prevaricator.
2. Shouldn't your name be Falcons2ndPanthers3rd?

#23 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:28 AM

Okay I think it's necessary to point out here that there is a difference between being a loyal fan and "I literally have nothing else going for me in my life besides Kentucky basketball/football because, well, I live in Kentucky."

I believe you guys have crossed that line.

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

Okay I think it's necessary to point out here that there is a difference between being a loyal fan and "I literally have nothing else going for me in my life besides Kentucky basketball/football because, well, I live in Kentucky."

Fightin' words. Take it back.

#25 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:52 AM

I am curious- what exactly makes NC the heart of entertainment and KY is not?

I have lived in both states, so I look forward to your answer

#26 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:55 AM

Epicenter w/bowling alley = winner

;)

#27 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:07 PM

Dimbee I'm fuging with you guys I have been this entire thread. ;)

#28 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

I have a TON of respect for Kentucky's basketball program. I'm sure you and Meat, deep down, have the same respect for UNC's history.

It's just fun to pick at each other.

Kentucky is boring though sorry. Their most well-known commodity is GRASS.

#29 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:52 PM

Their most well-known commodity is Ashley Judd.

Fixed :D

#30 Bobby

Bobby

Czar of Czars

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

Modern plumbing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com