Photo
- - - - -

Trade for Stephen Jackson done!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#13 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

wallace and jackson have to start together, that's a no brainer

pg - felton
sg - jackson
sf - wallace
pf - diaw
c -chandler

this team still has plenty of weaknesses, i just hope jackson can take games over for periods at a time, b/c right now teams just let felton and wallace shoot all day and double wallace/diaw when they post

#14 BOBCATS_BALL!

BOBCATS_BALL!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:35 PM

I think the trade was a win/win for both teams. GSW had to unload Jackson and we got a nice discount because of this fact.

The Bobcats needed a scorer in the worst way, our D is fine and even though Bell was our best on-ball defender, he probably would have not played the whole year.

#15 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

HUDDLER

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

Any news on when he'll be in uniform?

#16 BOBCATS_BALL!

BOBCATS_BALL!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:06 PM

Ric Bucher from ESPN said he was going to try and get there and play tonight, I hope he can.

#17 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

Highlight for those who is interested also lol at 3:55 and 5:29

I'm psyched we have a legitimate Offensive Option plus our size is evenly balanced out.

Edited by rico6, 16 November 2009 - 06:28 PM.

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

He can create his own shot and get to the square which is big.
I don't really sweat d that much right now.Turn them over and score.

#19 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

He's in the starting lineup, truly being from L.A. I'm a Lakers fan but living in Charlotte I'll support the Bobcats so excited to see how he looks!

#20 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

Its funny that you say this because you were talking poo about Artest in another thread for the same reason. Must just be your bromance for Lebron and your desire to down Kobe and the Lakers as much as possible. I like this trade though. Not sure how long Raja can last with that wrist. This will work if Stephen doesn't get to big of a head. If it doesn't i still applaud the Bobcats for trying to make things happen and get into the playoffs.

Maybe because Artest is a headcase with a reputation and every media type that covers the Fakers will tell you converting Artest into a "role player" (something he's never been) will be the Fakers greatest challenge. If you recall I said Artest is a player I greatly respect but is a sellout for joining the Fakers. Not once did I say, Artest is gonna beat up fans again. Stephen Jackson has a reputation as well, only difference is, he doesnt draw attention to himself like Artest does and he actually has won a title before.

#21 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:59 AM

So basically it's Adam Morrison, Shannon Brown and Raja Bell for Stephen Jackson.
Good deal?

#22 chabber

chabber

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:07 AM

More like:

3rd pick (Morrison), 8th pick (Richardson), Dudley, and Brown, for Stephen Jackson and Diaw.

#23 Britneck

Britneck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:12 AM

Maybe because Artest is a headcase with a reputation and every media type that covers the Fakers will tell you converting Artest into a "role player" (something he's never been) will be the Fakers greatest challenge. If you recall I said Artest is a player I greatly respect but is a sellout for joining the Fakers. Not once did I say, Artest is gonna beat up fans again. Stephen Jackson has a reputation as well, only difference is, he doesnt draw attention to himself like Artest does and he actually has won a title before.

You're right. Firing a handgun outside a strip club doesn't draw attention at all. Calling yourself Big Shot Jack doesn't draw attention to yourself either. Calling out your coaches character in the media doesn't draw attention either. You're right he is a saint. Adam Morrison won a title too and i don't want him back. Hell i could have won a title with that Spurs team. The good thing about all this is we have LB coaching him and he does well with the troubled ones.

#24 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

I like this move a lot. Maybe I'll be able to watch this team (along with the other 95% of Charlotte) without falling asleep now.