Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Impressive outing by dook

24 posts in this topic

Posted

lol @ you taking my thread yesterday seriously

should I have added more 1s to the end of my posts?

Posted

and bbqsauce

Posted

What do one's mean? Are you supposed to add those when you're joking or something? I've only been message boarding for a couple of years now so i haven't learned all the cool lingo.

Posted

Did you go to Charlotte? If so you would know they have always played well against good competition so I expected it to be closer then it was. I expected Charlotte to lose but not by that many, and that is why I took your thread seriously. I have watched them beat Cincy numerous times when Huggy Bear was there along with Pitino and his Cardinals. Duke was just way too much but I expect them to do pretty well in the A-10 because I don't think Spears can be stopped.

Posted

What do one's mean? Are you supposed to add those when you're joking or something? I've only been message boarding for a couple of years now so i haven't learned all the cool lingo.

It's difficult to explain, other than it being an intentional typo by not hitting the shift key for the exclamation point. Usually meant to show sarcastic exclamation or faux excitement.

Actually this explains it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclamation_mark#Internet_culture

Posted

Did you go to Charlotte? If so you would know they have always played well against good competition so I expected it to be closer then it was. I expected Charlotte to lose but not by that many, and that is why I took your thread seriously. I have watched them beat Cincy numerous times when Huggy Bear was there along with Pitino and his Cardinals. Duke was just way too much but I expect them to do pretty well in the A-10 because I don't think Spears can be stopped.

Like you I expected it to be closer a little closer than it was. But I was not serious when I said we were going to beat duke down.

This is a young undersized team. Duke is both huge this year and always a great perimeter defense team. It's just an awful matchup.

Posted

It's difficult to explain, other than it being an intentional typo by not hitting the shift key for the exclamation point. Usually meant to show sarcastic exclamation or faux excitement.

Actually this explains it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclamation_mark#Internet_culture

Haha. Nice. I'd rep if i could.

Posted

Like you I expected it to be closer a little closer than it was. But I was not serious when I said we were going to beat duke down.

This is a young undersized team. Duke is both huge this year and always a great perimeter defense team. It's just an awful matchup.

Srsly!!!1111omgwtfeleventyonebbq

Posted

lol!!1eleven!!1chilisbabybackribsbbqsauce

Posted

I was impressed with Miles and Nolen...It was hard to evaluate much as Charlotte played like scared school girls, but impressive nonetheless.

Posted

That was truly an epic beat down. I was so disappointed. I didn't expect Charlotte to win, but like you, I expected it to be a lot closer than it was. They looked scared from the beginning and after the quick turnovers, they looked like they didn't even care anymore. Charlotte is a better team than that, but that really knocked my expectations for the year down a level. We're playing GT, Louisville, and Tennessee (who is arguably better than Duke) in OOC this year as well, so we could be in for a few more beat downs if the team doesn't grow a nut sack.

Congrats to Duke fans. Can we borrow your coach for a week as a consultant? Maybe he can beat the Bobby Lutz out of the team.

Posted

Duke might be an Elite 8 team this year.