70 replies to this topic

#1 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

I actually expected to lose this one, but wow, that got out of hand fast.

Just can't buy a basket in the second half, and give credit to the Orange D, they are forcing TOs on every possession.

#2 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:04 PM

Better now than March. Syracuse is a very good team, I think that goes without saying...the way they're playing tonight and the way the beat Cal. UNC will probably lose this one, but they will be good in March...I still believe that.

#3 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

Whoopin

#4 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

The Cuse is in the house oh mah gawd mah gawd, the Cuse is in the house oh mah gawd.

#5 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

I think the thing that really gave UNC problems was the zone. It won't be the last time they see it either. If Roy can't get that figured out then it's going to be a long season. Not that I expected a championship this year or anything, but I would like to avoid a dook like exit from the NCAA tourney.

#6 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

yeah, they just got beat in the second half...The heels real problem is no proven scorer to carry them on nights like this. There will be games like this this year.

#7 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

Wesley Johnson is a frickin maniac, that guy is a freak.

We'll be fine. Young team, just got to work on getting out of the traps in the corners. Davis needs to take control down low too, loved what I saw from the Wears, and I don't get why Graves was rarely in the game after that hot start.

#8 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

No that's not their only problem. UNC has a ton of problems right now. That's OK though, they should have problems. Look at this team. The only person that played significant minutes last year was Deon Thompson. Ed Davis was second, but he's still only a sophomore. It's going to take some time for this team to gel. They will get better. Syracuse is about as good as they're going to get and the problem with their game is that if the 3 doesn't fall, they will be in trouble.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...UNC will lose at least 3 games before ACC play. They'll probably lose about 5, maybe 6 games in the ACC. We'll get about a high 3, or low 2 seed in the NCAA tourney, make it to the sweet sixteen and get knocked out. UNC could get hot at the end of the year and make it even further, but a final four finish is a bit unrealistic this year. Not saying it can't happen, I just don't expect it.

Just enjoy the 2009 championship and know that UNC will be a favorite to win it all in 2011.

#9 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

Rep if I could Stank.

Couldn't agree more.

#10 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

Well it turned out like I thought, LD2 had 0 pts. and couldn't do anything against the zone. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. All kidding aside UNC has to start shooting the ball better or they will be zoned to death by good teams. Htar are you still sold on your boy LD2? He disappeared tonight, but the bigs played very well again. Davis and Thompson are pretty dominate duo. Cuse is just a better team right now.

#11 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

No that's not their only problem. UNC has a ton of problems right now. That's OK though, they should have problems. Look at this team. The only person that played significant minutes last year was Deon Thompson. Ed Davis was second, but he's still only a sophomore. It's going to take some time for this team to gel. They will get better. Syracuse is about as good as they're going to get and the problem with their game is that if the 3 doesn't fall, they will be in trouble.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...UNC will lose at least 3 games before ACC play. They'll probably lose about 5, maybe 6 games in the ACC. We'll get about a high 3, or low 2 seed in the NCAA tourney, make it to the sweet sixteen and get knocked out. UNC could get hot at the end of the year and make it even further, but a final four finish is a bit unrealistic this year. Not saying it can't happen, I just don't expect it.

Just enjoy the 2009 championship and know that UNC will be a favorite to win it all in 2011.

What is this good as they are going to get crap? Every team will get better from the start of the season and Syracuse is a better team then UNC. I see UNC making it to the sweet sixteen only if they get a favorable matchup, they are just too young and inexperienced plus your PG is not very good and we all know you have to have good guard play in the tourney.

#12 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

What was the name of that Division II team Syracuse lost to at home a couple of weeks ago?

#13 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

Drew played pretty good tonight in the first half. He's got to stop trying to force the ball in there with those passes where he tries to throw it over everyone's head.

And what do you mean I told you so? I'm pretty sure that nobody in the entire universe thought that Drew was gonna come in and everything would run as smooth as if Lawson were still here.

#14 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

Well it turned out like I thought, LD2 had 0 pts. and couldn't do anything against the zone. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. All kidding aside UNC has to start shooting the ball better or they will be zoned to death by good teams. Htar are you still sold on your boy LD2? He disappeared tonight, but the bigs played very well again. Davis and Thompson are pretty dominate duo. Cuse is just a better team right now.

Drew wasn't terrible...he's just not Lawson. He had a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio, which is good. He's not going to be a big time scorer for us, never was. He'll get better. People forget that he is only a sophomore. Lawson was better as a sophomore, but he played way more minutes as a freshman than Drew. Our biggest problem is just team chemistry. Players not expecting passes, not being where they should be, etc. That stuff will get worked out by just practicing and playing more games. If you think you saw what UNC is all about in this game, then you obviously haven't watched many UNC games in the past. Roy Williams' teams always get better as the year goes on.

#15 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

What is this good as they are going to get crap? Every team will get better from the start of the season and Syracuse is a better team then UNC. I see UNC making it to the sweet sixteen only if they get a favorable matchup, they are just too young and inexperienced plus your PG is not very good and we all know you have to have good guard play in the tourney.

Syracuse played about as well as they are capable of playing. Do you really think they can shoot any better than they did? They rebounded well, shot well, defended well...I didn't see many mental lapses. They returned 4 of their 5 starters from last year. They've already played together for at least one year, and more for others. They are a more experienced team than UNC. That's why I say they are about as good as they're going to get, and they played about the best they're going to play.

Younger teams have more room to grow, that's just the way it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com