Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNC/'Cuse

71 posts in this topic

Posted

Drew played pretty good tonight in the first half. He's got to stop trying to force the ball in there with those passes where he tries to throw it over everyone's head.

And what do you mean I told you so? I'm pretty sure that nobody in the entire universe thought that Drew was gonna come in and everything would run as smooth as if Lawson were still here.

Posted

Well it turned out like I thought, LD2 had 0 pts. and couldn't do anything against the zone. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. All kidding aside UNC has to start shooting the ball better or they will be zoned to death by good teams. Htar are you still sold on your boy LD2? He disappeared tonight, but the bigs played very well again. Davis and Thompson are pretty dominate duo. Cuse is just a better team right now.
Drew wasn't terrible...he's just not Lawson. He had a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio, which is good. He's not going to be a big time scorer for us, never was. He'll get better. People forget that he is only a sophomore. Lawson was better as a sophomore, but he played way more minutes as a freshman than Drew. Our biggest problem is just team chemistry. Players not expecting passes, not being where they should be, etc. That stuff will get worked out by just practicing and playing more games. If you think you saw what UNC is all about in this game, then you obviously haven't watched many UNC games in the past. Roy Williams' teams always get better as the year goes on.

Posted

What is this good as they are going to get crap? Every team will get better from the start of the season and Syracuse is a better team then UNC. I see UNC making it to the sweet sixteen only if they get a favorable matchup, they are just too young and inexperienced plus your PG is not very good and we all know you have to have good guard play in the tourney.

Syracuse played about as well as they are capable of playing. Do you really think they can shoot any better than they did? They rebounded well, shot well, defended well...I didn't see many mental lapses. They returned 4 of their 5 starters from last year. They've already played together for at least one year, and more for others. They are a more experienced team than UNC. That's why I say they are about as good as they're going to get, and they played about the best they're going to play.

Younger teams have more room to grow, that's just the way it works.

Posted

What is this good as they are going to get crap? Every team will get better from the start of the season and Syracuse is a better team then UNC. I see UNC making it to the sweet sixteen only if they get a favorable matchup, they are just too young and inexperienced plus your PG is not very good and we all know you have to have good guard play in the tourney.

And Drew isn't a bad PG, he's just not Lawson. You don't have to be Lawson to be a serviceable PG. Drew is comparable to Jimmy Black (PG for the '82 team, and Phelps PG '93). Those teams won National Championships, not that this team will, but they will get better because it's a YOUNG team.

Posted

You UNC fans are fooling yourselves if you think this team will lose fewer than 12 games. They'll lose five out of conference, and seven or eight in the ACC. Gonna be hard to win on the road in the ACC with those guards.

Inside, you might have the biggest collection of talent in the country. But you have no one to control the pace of the game and no one to get those bigs the ball. Imagine if you had four great guards and no one very good inside. Same thing.

Posted

No offence to UK fans, but I don't take your opinions seriously.

Posted

You UNC fans are fooling yourselves if you think this team will lose fewer than 12 games. They'll lose five out of conference, and seven or eight in the ACC. Gonna be hard to win on the road in the ACC with those guards.

Inside, you might have the biggest collection of talent in the country. But you have no one to control the pace of the game and no one to get those bigs the ball. Imagine if you had four great guards and no one very good inside. Same thing.

Same thing can be said about UK.

Posted

You're insane if you think this team will lose 12+ games. UNC only lost 6 games during the whole season after winning the championship in '05...after losing May, Felton, and McCants. With Bobby Frasor as the starting PG, with Quentin Thomas and Wes Mller logging minutes at the point. Are you insane? LOL...just keep going, I heard all this crap about 4 years ago, and it turned out okay. Not a championship, but we got another one in '09. And we'll be set up for another one next year.

Posted

Meat's a UK fan? LOL...sorry if UNC can't play all cupcakes. UK hasn't even played a real team yet, and they only beat Miami-Ohio by 2 points and let Sam Houston fuging state run up 92 points on them. Get the fug out of here.

Posted

Also, this is one of those stories that needs to stay in the War Room, but John Calapari is just hard for me to like. I received a call last night after I got home from the Vandy game from someone who is close to the UK program. Short version of the story--Jon Hood injured his wrist and did not play in their last game, but practiced all week. Coach Cal and their lead assistand came up to him before the game and told him to be ready, that they were going to play him significant minutes and to be prepared, etc. Hood was a DNP and when he was asked about it at the press conference (why Hood didnt play), Cal said the reason why was that he hadnt practiced all week. So he told a bold-faced lie. He had an assistant call Jon later on last evening to see if he was okay (no doubt feeling him out to see how upset he was).

In addition, Darnell Dodson failed a drug test earlier this week, and Calapari made him stand up in front of the team a couple of days ago and tell them why he wasnt going to be able to play against Miami-Ohio. He told them he had failed a drug test then Cal proceeded to play him almost the entire game as he is their only legitimate threat from 3 at this point. He apparently is going to give him a 3-game suspension but went ahead and let him play last night despite the theatrics earlier in the week. Deandre Liggins is serving a 6-game suspension for basically the same thing. So Cal let Dodson play despite failing a drug test, while Liggins is serving a longer suspension for the same thing, told Hood he would play then didnt get him in the game, then totally lied about it in the press conference and made an assistant call Hood to make sure he wasnt too upset. Classy.

Posted

Meat's a UK fan? LOL...sorry if UNC can't play all cupcakes. UK hasn't even played a real team yet, and they only beat Miami-Ohio by 2 points and let Sam Houston fuging state run up 92 points on them. Get the fug out of here.

hahahahaha

More fake Rep...

Posted

22-8...