• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

LOL 4 of their 5 starters? Last year the starting 5 was, Johnny Flynn, Eric Devendorf, Andy Rautins, Arinze Onuaku and Paul Harris. Flynn, Devo and Harris all left for the NBA last year. All 3 were the top scorers last year. Wesley Johnson was on the practice squad all year because he was a transfer and Jardine went redshirt due to a stress fracture in his ankle. This team is just finding its identity. They have two starting seniors left from last year. A redshirt sophomore/freshman platoon at PG, a 1st year transfer student and a sophomore who played maybe a 2 games total in minutes last year. Where do you not think Cuse has room to grow?

Also they lost a preseason game against LeMoyne because they were trying a lot of different defensive looks and offensive packages out, like you should do in a preseason game. Obviously they messed around a bit too much because it got them out of sync and that game slipped away, but it's not really anything more than sensationalism that people have made a big deal out of it.

Don't be silly. LeMoyne is better than North Carolina.

#32 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

Syracuse played about as well as they are capable of playing. Do you really think they can shoot any better than they did? They rebounded well, shot well, defended well...I didn't see many mental lapses. They returned 4 of their 5 starters from last year. They've already played together for at least one year, and more for others. They are a more experienced team than UNC. That's why I say they are about as good as they're going to get, and they played about the best they're going to play.

Younger teams have more room to grow, that's just the way it works.

Wow...you really have no idea what you are talking about do you? Cuse is in the same boat that UNC is, they just outplayed you guys and IMO are a better team overall. Boeheim COACHES differently than Roy. His philosophy has never been to "outscore" the other team. He coaches one of the stingiest defenses in the country year in and year out. I'm telling you right now...Carolina isn't capable of putting up 90 points on a worthwhile team this year and they are below average defensively. I am actually starting to rethink my prediction of 22-8 to around 20-10.

Saying that Cuse played "as well as they are capable of playing" may be partially true. But UNC didn't help themselves by playing lackluster defense.

#33 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:02 AM

Wow...you really have no idea what you are talking about do you? Cuse is in the same boat that UNC is, they just outplayed you guys and IMO are a better team overall. Boeheim COACHES differently than Roy. His philosophy has never been to "outscore" the other team. He coaches one of the stingiest defenses in the country year in and year out. I'm telling you right now...Carolina isn't capable of putting up 90 points on a worthwhile team this year and they are below average defensively. I am actually starting to rethink my prediction of 22-8 to around 20-10.

Saying that Cuse played "as well as they are capable of playing" may be partially true. But UNC didn't help themselves by playing lackluster defense.

Hey the refs kept UNC in the game for at least a half. That's gotta be worth somethin'.

#34 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

Well it turned out like I thought, LD2 had 0 pts. and couldn't do anything against the zone. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. All kidding aside UNC has to start shooting the ball better or they will be zoned to death by good teams. Htar are you still sold on your boy LD2? He disappeared tonight, but the bigs played very well again. Davis and Thompson are pretty dominate duo. Cuse is just a better team right now.

Dude, LDII is basically learning right now. He has played well up until last night.

#35 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:47 PM

It's November basketball. I just can't get excited about November basketball one way or the other. Shoot, even with all those seniors, last year's team was pretty sloppy in November too. The only difference was that they had a very good and experienced point guard and they could score.

You do have to give Cuse a lot of credit though, because they have a great team.

#36 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:05 PM

Dude, LDII is basically learning right now. He has played well up until last night.

Is he learning to shoot? That is what he will have to do against any team that plays zone. And you are right he has averaged 7 ppg, 2 reb, and his assist/TO ratio is 1.9/1. I don't think I would call that playing well. :D

#37 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

Syracuse played about as well as they are capable of playing. Do you really think they can shoot any better than they did? They rebounded well, shot well, defended well...I didn't see many mental lapses. They returned 4 of their 5 starters from last year. They've already played together for at least one year, and more for others. They are a more experienced team than UNC. That's why I say they are about as good as they're going to get, and they played about the best they're going to play.

Younger teams have more room to grow, that's just the way it works.

Yeah good call there buddy! I am glad someone called you out on that you really have no idea. You just want to try and make excuses for your team instead of being objective. You kind of sound like Htar.:nono:

#38 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

2009 National Champs.

#39 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:19 PM

2009 National Champs.

Taking nothing away from your recent accomplishments, you guys are not good this year. Just deal with it.

#40 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

LOL 4 of their 5 starters? Last year the starting 5 was, Johnny Flynn, Eric Devendorf, Andy Rautins, Arinze Onuaku and Paul Harris. Flynn, Devo and Harris all left for the NBA last year. All 3 were the top scorers last year. Wesley Johnson was on the practice squad all year because he was a transfer and Jardine went redshirt due to a stress fracture in his ankle. This team is just finding its identity. They have two starting seniors left from last year. A redshirt sophomore/freshman platoon at PG, a 1st year transfer student and a sophomore who played maybe a 2 games total in minutes last year. Where do you not think Cuse has room to grow?

Also they lost a preseason game against LeMoyne because they were trying a lot of different defensive looks and offensive packages out, like you should do in a preseason game. Obviously they messed around a bit too much because it got them out of sync and that game slipped away, but it's not really anything more than sensationalism that people have made a big deal out of it.

I misspoke. What i was referring to was the number of upperclassman that play big minutes. The only two players on this years UNC team that played any kind of meaningful minutes last year were Deon Thompson and Ed Davis. LD II averaged maybe 6 minutes a game last year. Tyler Zeller was out for just about the whole year. Ginyard didn't play. Graves was suspended about the whole year. And the five freshmen weren't here.

The fact of the matter is that UNC is a young, inexperienced team and will lose probably about 7-10 games this year. Anybody that thinks they were a legitimate top 5 team right now was stupid in the first place. Even Roy said they were nowhere near a top 5 team...and that was before the Syracuse game.

They will get better, and will be ready come March. Bank on that.

#41 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

Taking nothing away from your recent accomplishments, you guys are not good this year. Just deal with it.

No poo. You must be a real smart guy. Who doesn't or didn't know that? Are you guys fuging high?

#42 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

No poo. You must be a real smart guy. Who doesn't or didn't know that? Are you guys fuging high?

Well UNC was ranked in the top 5, so apparently a lot of folks didn't know that. They now do, though, I guess.

#43 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

Well UNC was ranked in the top 5, so apparently a lot of folks didn't know that. They now do, though, I guess.

Yeah, but aside from all those people....

/sarcasm

#44 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

Posted Image

Just keep saying things like "wait till March, they'll be ready." Ready for what? If anything, your team will be exposed even further during the ncaa tourney (if you make it) because it is so dominated by guard play.

#45 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

I misspoke. What i was referring to was the number of upperclassman that play big minutes. The only two players on this years UNC team that played any kind of meaningful minutes last year were Deon Thompson and Ed Davis. LD II averaged maybe 6 minutes a game last year. Tyler Zeller was out for just about the whole year. Ginyard didn't play. Graves was suspended about the whole year. And the five freshmen weren't here.

The fact of the matter is that UNC is a young, inexperienced team and will lose probably about 7-10 games this year. Anybody that thinks they were a legitimate top 5 team right now was stupid in the first place. Even Roy said they were nowhere near a top 5 team...and that was before the Syracuse game.

They will get better, and will be ready come March. Bank on that.

Oh you misspoke, I just think you don't know what you are talking about. Syracuse is just as young and inexperienced as your guys, and they took you to the woodshed. Don't make excuses you guys will get better but so will they that is the bottom line their ceiling is just as high if not higher than yours. The two big issues are the shooting and the PG play and I have said that from the beginning, those two have to get better before you have a shot at anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.